not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay : **Update 30 July**

20 Mar 2020, 11:50

b) Self-isolation, testing and reporting
What is the latest government advice re self-isolation for employees?

The situation is constantly changing and you should check Public Health England guidance for the latest advice
on this area.

Our understanding of the current position is that employees could be isolating for between 7 and 14 days and
this could be extended by around a week if they develop symptoms during self-isolation.

All absences should be treated as sickness absence. Managers should choose “Coronavirus with Symptoms” if
the employee has symptoms and “Coronavirus Self Isolation” if they do not have symptoms. Please update the
absence if the reason for absence changes.

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/08/self-isolation

People who test positive for coronavirus or show symptoms must now self-isolate for at least 10 days, rather than seven.

Until now, those showing key symptoms - a new continuous cough, a temperature or loss of taste or smell - have had to self-isolate for at least a week.

The change, announced by the UK's chief medical officers, last week is in line with World Health Organization guidance and comes as ministers try to avoid a resurgence of the virus.

In symptomatic people, Covid-19 is most infectious just before, and for the first few days after, symptoms begin. It is very important that people with symptoms self-isolate and get tested, to allow contact tracing.

Evidence, although still limited, has strengthened and shows that people with Covid-19, who are mildly ill and are recovering, have a low, but real possibility of increased transmission of infection between seven and nine days following the onset of their illness.

The Government is considering how best to target interventions to reduce the risk to the general population. At this point in the pandemic, with widespread and rapid testing available, and considering the relaxation of other measures, it is now the correct balance of risk to extend the self-isolation period from seven to 10 days for those who have symptoms or a positive test result.

This will help provide additional protection to others. This is particularly important to protect those, who have been shielding and in advance of the autumn and winter period.

Guidance before 30 July

A minimum period of seven days' self-isolation for anyone with coronavirus symptoms or a positive test result.
A minimum period of 14 days' self-isolation for household members of a confirmed case individual or those who have been in recent close contact.

Guidance after 30 July

A minimum period of 10 days' self-isolation for anyone with coronavirus symptoms or a positive test result.
A minimum period of 14 days' self-isolation for household members of a confirmed case individual or those who have been in recent close contact.

The situation is constantly changing, and you should check this guidance for the latest advice on this area.

The Government has extended the self-isolation period from 7 to 10 days for those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or a positive test result.

From 30 July 2020, the current position is that employees could be isolating for between 10 and 14 days and this could be extended by around a week if they develop symptoms during self-isolation.

If employees are not able to work from home during self-isolation, absences should be treated as sickness absence, “Sick Coronavirus” absence type on PSP. Managers should then choose the relevant absent code:

SAU071 Coronavirus Confirmed Case
SBU070 Coronavirus Symptoms
SCU070 Coronavirus Self Isolation

You can access up to date guidance on what steps to take whilst self-isolating on the NHS website, available here.(https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... treatment/) Employees should fully comply with instructions provided by the NHS and keep their line manager informed.

I have been self-isolating for 10 days due to a continuous cough, but I still have a cough what should I do?

After self-isolating for 10 days, if you do not have a high temperature you do not need to continue to self-isolate.

If you still have a high temperature, you need to keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal.

You do not need to continue to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 10 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

More details are available here...
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... treatment/

2nd post PDF in the Global Announcement...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94715

What is the latest government advice re self-isolation for employees? : The Government has extended the self-isolation period from 7 to 10 days

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay

24 Mar 2020, 18:41

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... on-advice/

Loads more info at the link.

Self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms

Self-isolation helps stop coronavirus spreading
Do not leave your home if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or live with someone who does.

This is called self-isolation.

If you are self-isolating, you must:

not leave your home for any reason, other than to exercise once a day – but stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from other people
    not go out to buy food or collect medicine – order them by phone or online, or ask someone else to drop them off at your home
    not have visitors, such as friends and family, in your home
    You can use your garden, if you have one.

Information:
If you're not sure if you need to self-isolate
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service to find out what to do.

How long to self-isolate

If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to self-isolate for 7 days.

After 7 days:

if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to self-isolate
if you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal
You do not need to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

If you live with someone who has symptoms
If you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.

If more than 1 person at home has symptoms, self-isolate for 14 days from the day the first person started having symptoms.

If you get symptoms, self-isolate for 7 days from when your symptoms start, even if it means you're self-isolating for longer than 14 days.

If you do not get symptoms, you can stop self-isolating after 14 days.

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay

30 Mar 2020, 19:13

There now seems to some confusion due to a CWU Facebook live event regarding getting paid if you have to self-isolate but you do not have any symptoms.
1st of, as per the 1st post...

Royal Mail
Our understanding of the current position is that employees could be isolating for between 7 and 14 days and
this could be extended by around a week if they develop symptoms during self-isolation.

2nd post
NHS
If you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.

Royal Mail
All absences should be treated as sickness absence.

An email from coronavirus.support@royalmail.com...
Royal Mail
General rule of thumb is that if the medical advice has been sought and this advice states that you must self-isolate, then this is likely to constitute as sick absence and you should provide your manager with the evidence of this advice.

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay : **Update 31 March**

31 Mar 2020, 13:38

Liam

To clarify:

1:Has it changed?

No

2:Will it change in April?

No plans to change the approach at the moment. Any changes would be communicated via business wide comms.

3:Why are managers refusing to pay and are saying that it has now changed?

I wouldn’t know why managers are refusing to follow guidance. I would suggest the employees contact ourselves directly if they are having a problem getting paid.

4:Also, why are The CWU saying it’s changed?

The business stance hasn’t changed. I’m not aware of any updated CWU comms but if they say the approach has changed this isn’t the case.

Kind Regards,
Victoria

Coronavirus Support Inbox
Royal Mail HR Services

04 Apr 2020, 19:13

More mixed signals this time from the business

One of the best

Attendance and sick pay policy approach

The safety, health and wellbeing of our employees, members of the public and the communities in which we operate remains paramount.

The normal level of support that we provide for colleagues who are unfortunately unable to attend work due to sickness is one of the best in our industry and against other sectors.

Since mid-March 2020, we have had in place a different approach on how we treat sickness absence for absences related to coronavirus (Covid-19). This approach has now been extended until mid-April 2020.

Our approach has been to support colleagues who have needed to self-isolate either because they have symptoms or someone within their household has symptoms, or because they are a vulnerable employee. As a reminder, our approach for all Royal Mail Group Ltd colleagues is as follows:

Our current sick pay approach

Our normal approach to sick pay continues to apply to all colleagues with over a year’s service.

You will receive sick pay if:

You have confirmed coronavirus.

You have coronavirus symptoms and need to isolate at home for seven days.

You are a vulnerable person: this includes pregnant colleagues, those who are over 70 and those who have received a letter from the NHS confirming that they are a vulnerable person and must self-isolate for 12 weeks.

We would expect the vast majority of coronavirus absences to be discounted from the normal attendance procedure.

Specific circumstances

Colleagues with less than a year’s service:

Where the absence is related to coronavirus, these colleagues will receive the same sick pay as employees with over a year’s service.

This policy is in place until mid-April, when it will be reviewed and may be extended. We will continue to monitor the situation and may change this.

Where a colleague has to look after a dependent, such as a child

Our normal approach applies. Colleagues can take holiday, unpaid time off, or work flexibly. A range of options can be considered, for example, working on a different shift or day, or at a different time. You should discuss and agree what you can do with your manager.

Where a colleague has decided to shield a vulnerable member of their household by not attending work.

Colleagues can take holiday or unpaid time off work. You should discuss and agree this with your line manager.
We understand that many colleagues are concerned about family members who may be particularly vulnerable to the effects of coronavirus.
We are keeping the current approach under review. Therefore, we may be required to temporarily update some of our policies and practices. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes.

The latest version of our coronavirus Q&As is now available via myroyalmail.com/coronavirus.

07 Apr 2020, 21:11

Woody Guthrie wrote:

Where the absence is related to coronavirus, these colleagues will receive the same sick pay as employees with over a year’s service.

This policy is in place until mid-April, when it will be reviewed and may be extended. We will continue to monitor the situation and may change this.

Does sick pay for royal mail staff with less than one years service still apply beyond "mid-April"?

And if not what date in "mid-April" does sick pay stop?

Thanks

07 Apr 2020, 22:51

CHUCKYPIG wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Does sick pay for royal mail staff with less than one years service still apply beyond "mid-April"?

And if not what date in "mid-April" does sick pay stop?

Thanks

Chances are it will carry on, they put stoopid time limits on because they are arseholes, and because someone there thinks this could be all over in a blink and they don't want to pay us menials if they don't need to.

Don't panic too much, keep an eye on the forum regularly for the latest info.

07 Apr 2020, 23:03

POSTMAN wrote:
Chances are it will carry on, they put stoopid time limits on because they are arseholes, and because someone there thinks this could be all over in a blink and they don't want to pay us menials if they don't need to.

Don't panic too much, keep an eye on the forum regularly for the latest info.

Alright. Cheers mate. Will keep an eye on the forum. Thanks again.

08 Apr 2020, 18:29

How long can you send them an islolation
Note for first mrs had symptoms 14 day know ive got symptoms

08 Apr 2020, 20:15

Lahoretiger wrote:How long can you send them an islolation

You need to isolate for AT LEAST 7 days from the start of YOUR symptoms. If you don't feel better after 7 days, stay off even longer until your symptoms go away.

Your isolation note covers you for all of this.

09 Apr 2020, 12:19

Ignore the timeframes that are suggested, if you feel like you have the symptoms go off sick and don't return until you feel like your well, 7 and 14 days are not set in stone, some people will feel rough for a few days, some people will suffer for weeks.

Just do whats right for you, nobody is gonna punish you for that right now.

10 Apr 2020, 21:59

sindba wrote:

You need to isolate for AT LEAST 7 days from the start of YOUR symptoms. If you don't feel better after 7 days, stay off even longer until your symptoms go away.

Yes even the pri minister of the UK Boris Johnson has exceeded 7 days and is now on his 12 day but good luck Boris and hope he recovers well from this even though I don't like his politics maybe it might even change his politics.

20 Apr 2020, 07:47

Hi been in self isolation for 3 weeks still not well
Just sent another isolation note know
They went a drs note is that right?

21 Apr 2020, 00:21

My manager said the same. But GPs aren't doing them, 111 is handling all coronavirus related stuff.

Manager says tough, needs proof I'm not lying!!!!

Rang HR who said basically they HAVE to accept self-isolation notes and I should follow medical advice to stay off until symptom free, and to email my note plus an account of today's events to a department reviewing the response.

21 Apr 2020, 15:44

k979aaa wrote:
sindba wrote:

Yes even the pri minister of the UK Boris Johnson has exceeded 7 days and is now on his 12 day but good luck Boris and hope he recovers well from this even though I don't like his politics maybe it might even change his politics.

Boris had the virus and was in an ICU unlike some who get over it in a week with no need for hospital treatment.

21 Apr 2020, 23:39

This is all mental.

Managers making people jump through hoops, threats, making their own rules to force people to work.

It should be this simple - if you or or people you live with have symptoms, or a health condition of concern, do not work. Get paid. .

Over to you CWU?

21 Apr 2020, 23:41

sindba wrote:This is all mental.

Managers making people jump through hoops, threats, making their own rules to force people to work.

It should be this simple - if you or or people you live with have symptoms, or a health condition of concern, do not work. Get paid. .

Over to you CWU?

Can they stop your pay if dr dosent give u sick note

22 Apr 2020, 18:55

Hi new on this site can anyone help , at my work we have some off for 12 weeks as they state they are vunrable, 1 has slight asthma but really his girlfriend is pregnant , 1 said they have asthma also but not bad , and the list goes on ,however I am vunrable also but not severely vurable but neither is most of the people off anymore vunrable than me , I asked my manager about this and just got shouted at , and they still of with full pay , can someone say how this is able 2 be aloud and is fair on the rest of the vunrable groups at my work still having to work threw it as the goverment letters only cover severe vunrable groups not mild asthma etc

22 Apr 2020, 19:46

Hi ,there is a grey area in regards to the 12 week shielding ,one the one hand if you have received a letter stating you are extremely vulnerable then it appears you get full pay however if it is a close family member you need to shield then you won’t get paid, however there are so many examples on this forum of postmen and postwomen who say that they are off shielding a vulnerable family member who has received a 12 week letter and they are receiving full pay.That gives us 2 options to believe, either all these people are not telling the truth or they are in fact being paid and for the rest of us that fall into this category we are being so badly treated.For all the people on here who have posted replies saying why should the company pay a worker who is shielding a vulnerable person at home I say this to you,I am being asked by Royal Mail to receive no pay for 12 weeks if I choose to shield my son,however he is classed as being extremely vulnerable and at risk of severe illness if he was to catch Coronavirus. How can my employer place me in this position.

22 Apr 2020, 19:57

It's awful, they are 100% being paid in full as they have told other people at work who they talk 2 , I also think it's so awful how any vunrable group still have to go in even tho there is no social distance in depos what's so ever , and the vunrable are told by the goverment to be really strict rules apply regarding this however it can not be followed not through fault of our own , if I get covid chances are I may die due to 2 things on list that make me vunrable but not severe vunrable , that leaves my children without a mom due to my vunrable group not bad enough to shield , I'd just like to no how they have got away with this when they would not recieved a severe vunrable letter,

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2