not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Possible Driving Charge

18 Mar 2020, 23:49

I may be facing a possible driving charge from an incident in my own car.

Do I need to inform management at this point or will I wait until I know for sure if charges will be brought?

Also, if charged what are the repercussions for my job? Sacked, off driving etc.

Possible Driving Charge

19 Mar 2020, 16:55

We use to be a notifiable profession where the police would tell RM if you had been nicked. Not sure that still happens , but I would tell them if you are charged. Depending what you are charged with ( usually acts of dishonesty like fraud or theft ) you could be sacked. Also if you were deemed to bring RM into disrepute like scrapping with the arresting officer while in uniform like wise. If you were nicked for no insurance like you'll probably be safe unless you was taken on as a driver.

Possible Driving Charge

19 Mar 2020, 17:27

Beancounter wrote:I may be facing a possible driving charge from an incident in my own car.
Do I need to inform management at this point or will I wait until I know for sure if charges will be brought?

Yes, inform them if it leads to a charge. It's on page 98 of the Royal Mail Drivers' Manual.
Any driving offence committed while driving a Royal Mail vehicle must be reported to your manager as soon as possible.
Any conviction for a driving offence committed while driving any vehicle must also be reported to your manager.

http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Drivers%20Manua%20(Reprint%2008%20final).pdf

Possible Driving Charge

19 Mar 2020, 22:20

If it happens, they will see it during the annual Licence check, so there is no point in not reporting.

Possible Driving Charge

21 Mar 2020, 22:02

Depends on the charge speeding yes parking no tell us the charge we will let you know.

Possible Driving Charge

21 Mar 2020, 22:13

k979aaa wrote:Depends on the charge speeding yes parking no tell us the charge we will let you know.

Not sure at this point. Most likely driving without due care and attention.

I spoke to a lawyer the other day who said I’d likely get a £300 fine and 6 points.

Possible Driving Charge

22 Mar 2020, 21:19

Have you been interviewed at a police station

Possible Driving Charge

22 Mar 2020, 21:32

bunji wrote:Have you been interviewed at a police station

Nope, a letter from the Fiscals office was the first id heard of it.

Possible Driving Charge

22 Mar 2020, 21:53

So guess Scotland - was it a notice of intended prosecution

Possible Driving Charge

22 Mar 2020, 21:56

or actually stopped and drug tested

Possible Driving Charge

22 Mar 2020, 22:00

bunji wrote:So guess Scotland - was it a notice of intended prosecution

Yes, was a notice of intended prosecution.

I wasn’t stopped, as I say the letter was the first I’d heard.

Possible Driving Charge

23 Mar 2020, 23:33

Could it not be a case of mistaken Identity or a cloned Vehicle unless they who ever has the evidence how could you identify the driver? so I would go down the route of not my vehicle and could be cloned if you were not in the location at the time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1