not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

rules for working days off on a week with a/l days?

17 Mar 2020, 18:51

Hi and thanks in advance

I was wondering what the rules are for working days off on a week where some days are a/l?

I work part time 23.5 hrs over 3 days cover duties.

I have a week ( 3 days, Th , F, S ) booked off on a/l, but wondered what the rules are for working other days that week?

I may be free on the other days M, T, W all or some and need the cash, are there specific rules about this?

The reason I ask is my manager has said he thinks I cant work them as there are rules about it but he says he does not know them maybe some one here does?

for admin purposes the week is marked off as a/l but i am actually only down originally on my cover duties so other days are not a/l but spare days, can i work them and what are the rules about if i can and what i can

CWU 94.5% result!!!! :-)

17 Mar 2020, 19:52

As you only work 3 days and you are on a/l on them, you are in effect on a/l for the week. If you are willing to work the other part of the week (mon, tues, wed) why not, if you can, cancel the days a/l on the thurs for example, which would remove the problem of working when on leave, as you would only be taking odd days instead.

18 Mar 2020, 18:08

Surely the other 3 days are your days off so I'd guess you can work them on overtime.

18 Mar 2020, 20:36

Far as I know you would be considered to be on annual leave by the system so if you came in to work you could not be paid. I would suggest just enjoy your week off work like anyone else.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1