not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




PSP - drivers licence

13 Feb 2020, 15:12

I have been told by my manager, PSP holds a different d.o.b to my drivers licence and I have to go onto the government site and put my drivers licence details in and give him the code I get. I'm on an hct duty. My licence was checked by RM ywars ago. Do I have to do this and why?

PSP - drivers licence

13 Feb 2020, 15:40

Chris19 wrote:I have been told by my manager, PSP holds a different d.o.b to my drivers licence and I have to go onto the government site and put my drivers licence details in and give him the code I get. I'm on an hct duty. My licence was checked by RM years ago. Do I have to do this and why?


If you want to carry on working for RM then yes. Why? Because youve been informed this is part of your job.

PSP - drivers licence

13 Feb 2020, 19:41

leolion855 wrote:
Chris19 wrote:I have been told by my manager, PSP holds a different d.o.b to my drivers licence and I have to go onto the government site and put my drivers licence details in and give him the code I get. I'm on an hct duty. My licence was checked by RM years ago. Do I have to do this and why?


If you want to carry on working for RM then yes. Why? Because youve been informed this is part of your job.

Doesn't it depend on what their original contract says?. If they weren't employed as as a postman / driver then their license is their business. Why risk it for Royal mail

PSP - drivers licence

13 Feb 2020, 22:57

Yes you do have to.

2 different D.O.B.'s RM want to know what is the real D.O.B otherwise they could terminate your contract as you could be someone other than who you say you are, this could be fraud. You obviously drove for RM in the past so it's in both of your interests to do this.

PSP - drivers licence

14 Feb 2020, 17:56

Chris19 wrote:I have been told by my manager, PSP holds a different d.o.b to my drivers licence and I have to go onto the government site and put my drivers licence details in and give him the code I get. I'm on an hct duty. My licence was checked by RM ywars ago. Do I have to do this and why?


Don't know why he's asking you to go onto Govt. website - you can do the Drivers Licence Check through the PDA now (see link below) - doesn't your manager know this?
Or have you done this and the incorrect DOB data has caused a conflict on PSP (as the data produced below is stored on PSP)?

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... CK#p845031

PSP - drivers licence

14 Feb 2020, 19:21

Thanks for the replies. I've never input it on the PDA. Tried the gov site today but wasn't secure on my phone. I'll try in the office tomorrow.

PSP - drivers licence

16 Feb 2020, 00:13

Drivers licenses are checked for points & convictions once every six months. I never can understand this stuff about not driving unless you have had blameworthy accidents in a RM vehicle and been removed from driving. If anyone wants to be a postie they are usually required to have a clean driving licence.

PSP - drivers licence

16 Feb 2020, 18:41

Eh..so which one is incorrect, if it's on your actual driving license then I'd say it's in your interests to get it sorted, if it's an error by rm on their psp system then surely they can just change it.

PSP - drivers licence

17 Feb 2020, 14:56

ted_e_bear wrote:Eh..so which one is incorrect, if it's on your actual driving license then I'd say it's in your interests to get it sorted, if it's an error by rm on their psp system then surely they can just change it.


Both methods are technically correct - one is an 'older' way of doing it, the PDA is the 'newer'. They both enable RM to check a drivers licence details.

Whether the OP needs to have a licence check as they state they are on a HCT is another matter. It's not clear whether the check is to prove
the OP is who he says he is (because of the DOB error) or whether it's because he could potentially be called upon to do a driving duty.

PSP - drivers licence

17 Feb 2020, 15:18

So, handed my drivers licence to new manager today. He had no idea either regarding d.o.b. He used the pda to input the details and yes my drivers licence does have my correct d.o.b. Still none the wiser but it's now correct!

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1