not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

IHR

25 Feb 2020, 17:57

Basically , some areas are seeing the usual agreed IHR agreement being disregarded. Branch sec is in London soon and going to take it up with the top brass. Looks like Rico is trying to offload people on the cheap. How they are calculating the offers is a mystery as people with longer service being offered less than those who are junior.

IHR

25 Feb 2020, 20:21

newrepontheblock wrote:Basically , some areas are seeing the usual agreed IHR agreement being disregarded. Branch sec is in London soon and going to take it up with the top brass. Looks like Rico is trying to offload people on the cheap. How they are calculating the offers is a mystery as people with longer service being offered less than those who are junior.

Disgraceful, but not suprised. There is a set formula of 34 weeks plus up to 12 weeks PILON. These senior managers have no interest in the company , staff,service or customers.All they are interested is getting as much for themselves as possible. What goes around comes around.

IHR

27 Feb 2020, 17:29

zipmeister wrote:
agassi_2 wrote:I know about the reductions 5% a year if you take it early. I know they could offer me another job within the business. I was just wondering if anyone similar to my situation has any experience with being finished on IHR and how it affected their pension. Reading it seems there's 2 options for them to give you

The first option is the one explained by RobertT and the other option is IHR with benefits I had to deal with a FT postman 58 years old ,30 odd years service who was offered option 1 we appealed that he would never work again so eventually he was offered IHR with benefits and for him this consisted of:
Pension paid up and immediate access
PILON taxable
3 years paid at half pay
after the 3 years he would be medically assessed and if he was in the same state he would receive £29,000 lump sum, partially able to work £17,000 and if recovered enough to work with no problems he would receive no payout
This was over a year ago but I have not heard of any changes.

Do you know if in the 2nd option there is also the choice of 34 weeks pay (untaxed) plus pilon along with enhanced pension with immediate access? It would be a cheaper option for the Company it appears but it does mean a clean break for the individual,which for some folk may be what the they wish for.

IHR

28 Feb 2020, 10:04

The calculation seems to be 6months basic pay
and 1/80th of average annual basic pay multiplied by the number of years over 5 years service plus PILON at least 9 weeks .This is only for staff over 5 years.

IHR

28 Feb 2020, 10:05

The calculation seems to be 6months basic pay
and 1/80th of average annual basic pay multiplied by the number of years over 5 years service plus PILON at least 9 weeks .This is only for staff over 5 years.

IHR

16 Apr 2020, 18:09

Was anybody able to find out what the actual calculation is for IHR. Thanks

IHR

16 Apr 2020, 18:21

Rob2081 wrote:Was anybody able to find out what the actual calculation is for IHR. Thanks

It is meant to be 34 weeks pay and between 9 and 12 weeks pilon

IHR

17 Apr 2020, 00:31

P13 wrote:
Rob2081 wrote:Was anybody able to find out what the actual calculation is for IHR. Thanks

Thank you when you say it’s meant to be does that mean they are not always doing it that way

IHR

17 Apr 2020, 18:21

Rob2081 wrote:
P13 wrote:

Thank you when you say it’s meant to be does that mean they are not always doing it that way

Well If they don't just stay on the sick.

IHR

18 Apr 2020, 09:39

It is 34 weeks plus 1 week for each year of service (after 2 years) up to a maximum of 12 weeks.

IHR

18 Apr 2020, 14:08

tractorboy2 wrote:It is 34 weeks plus 1 week for each year of service (after 2 years) up to a maximum of 12 weeks.

Including annual leave it's upto a maximum of 52 weeks for IHR

IHR

20 Apr 2020, 10:46

A friend at a northern delivery office said that delivery staff who had shown a interest in VR where invited to a meeting and offered IHR ,but the people he knew were able bodied,now it sound a bit sketchy,,but friend very reliable and certain this happened .

IHR

21 Apr 2020, 13:48

Just an update. I've spoken to the Optima health doc this morning. He's recommending IHR with income support. I think it means with immediate benefits. I will let you know what the offer is when I get the figures. I've done 33 years plus I bought an extra 3 and a half years. I'm 57 and a half

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2