not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Report a rep.

12 Jan 2020, 11:44

I've witnessed a rep who coursed a member into doing something dangerous so they could photograph it and send it to higher management. Is there anything i can do about it?

Report a rep.

12 Jan 2020, 16:24

leolion855 wrote:I've witnessed a rep who coursed a member into doing something dangerous so they could photograph it and send it to higher management. Is there anything i can do about it?


Have you asked him why he was doing it?

Report a rep.

12 Jan 2020, 16:56

General Mannerheim wrote:
leolion855 wrote:I've witnessed a rep who coursed a member into doing something dangerous so they could photograph it and send it to higher management. Is there anything i can do about it?


Have you asked him why he was doing it?


Does it matter why he was forcing someone to do something they didnt want to?

Report a rep.

12 Jan 2020, 20:08

leolion855 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
leolion855 wrote:I've witnessed a rep who coursed a member into doing something dangerous so they could photograph it and send it to higher management. Is there anything i can do about it?


Have you asked him why he was doing it?


Does it matter why he was forcing someone to do something they didnt want to?


Well yes - is it something that management ask people/an individual to do? Why doesn't the rep get actual evidence/statments
regarding the event when it happens, rather than intentionally putting someone in danger in a simulation? Or is the rep just trying to set someone up?


And you as an individual, having witnessed an event which you say was dangerous have a responsibility under the H&S At Work Act 1974:

General duties of employees at work.

It shall be the duty of every employee while at work—

(a)to take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work;


...you witnessed what you perceived as a dangerous event, if you omit to mention it to a higher authority and something happens, you could have
broken the above law......


"The “Speak up” whistleblowing facility is for you to raise, in confidence and if required anonymously, genuine concerns about serious wrongdoing that aren’t appropriate to be reported via other routes, e.g. Bullying and Harassment, Grievance or, with the Security helpdesk. • Speak Up is intended to help you report fraud, the giving or taking of bribes, financial malpractice, misreporting or practices that might put individuals at risk. • In the first instance you should raise your concerns with your manager. If this isn’t appropriate, contact the Speak up confidential helpline. • You should contact the Speak Up confidential helpline, which is run by InTouch, an independent third party supplier, on 0800 0971 131 and choose to either speak to an operator or leave a voicemail message. Alternatively you can leave a message using the confidential website http://www.intouchfeedback.com/royalmail. "

Report a rep.

13 Jan 2020, 12:51

yellowbelly wrote:
leolion855 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:[quote="leolion855"

And you as an individual, having witnessed an event which you say was dangerous have a responsibility under the H&S At Work Act 1974:

General duties of employees at work.

It shall be the duty of every employee while at work—

(a)to take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work;


...you witnessed what you perceived as a dangerous event, if you omit to mention it to a higher authority and something happens, you could have
broken the above law......


"The “Speak up” whistleblowing facility is for you to raise, in confidence and if required anonymously, genuine concerns about serious wrongdoing that aren’t appropriate to be reported via other routes, e.g. Bullying and Harassment, Grievance or, with the Security helpdesk. • Speak Up is intended to help you report fraud, the giving or taking of bribes, financial malpractice, misreporting or practices that might put individuals at risk. • In the first instance you should raise your concerns with your manager. If this isn’t appropriate, contact the Speak up confidential helpline. • You should contact the Speak Up confidential helpline, which is run by InTouch, an independent third party supplier, on 0800 0971 131 and choose to either speak to an operator or leave a voicemail message. Alternatively you can leave a message using the confidential website http://www.intouchfeedback.com/royalmail. "



I know this is why i was asking where i report it to..

Report a rep.

13 Jan 2020, 15:55

coerced/forced/persuaded/asked/required/staged what, exactly?...and why couldn't you just ask them WTF was going on? Do they not trust you? Are you always looking for isssues, wrongdoings/ report-able events as is your remit? what exactly is your remit? do you dislike the rep and feel it is your duty to 'whistleblow' on his actions? your motives are and always have seemed (to me, anyways) a bit 'suspect'. If you are genuinely concerned about any behaviour(s) witnessed at work then follow your gut/ conscience and report it up the chain of responsibility...try the health and safety rep and if you want to then do it anonymously...but, be careful to only state facts, not opinions...Remember comment (on here) is freely accepted, facts are sacred where transgressions of policy and law are concerned. :coolr

Report a rep.

13 Jan 2020, 16:31

In order to report someone for anything you have to first of all be aware of all the facts.
Have you spoken to the person who was allegedly 'coerced'?
Will they back up your version of the facts?
If they won't you could find yourself in more trouble than the rep.

Report a rep.

13 Jan 2020, 18:16

Speak to the member first and see what they want to do about it.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1