not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Surely out of order?

11 Jan 2020, 11:57

Coming back from long-term sick (6 months).
Occupational health report completed.
First ADVISED by management to move office, which I made clear was unnecessary.
Then instructed to move office.
No clear reasoning why, occupational health consultant even said it wouldn't help.

Management forcing the issue.
I just want to go back to my office.

Im saying no because I am non-driver & unwilling to relocate.

Any advice?

Surely out of order?

12 Jan 2020, 11:20

I don’t think they can force you move office , you could ask about a duty being ring fenced but I’m not sure what the procedure is surrounding that ...hopefully someone in here knows how that works.

Surely out of order?

12 Jan 2020, 17:21

To be perfectly candid if I entertained the idea of moving office, the least I'd ask for is a duty which reflects my seniority; but theres no dialogue unfortunately

Im afraid during my absence that I've been frozen out completely, no one has spoken in person, no warning of what to expect... Im fit to work after 6 months but, being forced to move office with no answers, no promises & so far union has been decent and backed me, but nothing can be done when told to relocate

Surely out of order?

13 Jan 2020, 18:45

Kizza, how long have you been with Royal Mail? If it is in excess of 15 years take a look at your contract of employment when you joined (If you have it).

The reason being it will say where your place of work is to be. If this is noted on your contract, they cannot transfer you to another unit without your consent.
They tried to do this to me when I was in dispute with a local manager regarding working overtime. They told me that if I was not prepared to work over my time then they would transfer me to a unit whereby it would be possible not to work overtime. Obviously this was totally out of order as they cannot force you to work overtime, but it was a bullying tactic until I threw my contract of employment in front of them which stated my place of work.

Hope this helps.

Surely out of order?

18 Jan 2020, 21:16

Often managers recommend removal of duty or even office it keep's those who have done wrong in place and puts you as the bad person a stain on your character if I was you tell them to make adjustments get your rep involved as well.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1