not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Duty holders leaving mail

30 Dec 2019, 18:00

I started covering a floater who is on special leave for 3 months and noticed that 2 of the walks I. Cover keep leaving mail, I understand the occasional missed sort But this is Mail being deliberately left for awkward addresses including allegedly no access to blocks of flats! I told Manager about it and he allegedly said to people to stop bringing back mail but last Friday and today I had about 20 letters left for me to deliver The next day this is an ongoing problem and recorded parcels and letters have also been left my manager is not doing enough about it and I’m fed up with doing it myself what should I do? I’m so fed up with that I’m thinking of starting to leave the mail for them when they come back, it seems like all managers care about is tracked and specials being done and nothing else.

30 Dec 2019, 18:33

mlw wrote:I started covering a floater who is on special leave for 3 months and noticed that 2 of the walks I. Cover keep leaving mail, I understand the occasional missed sort But this is Mail being deliberately left for awkward addresses including allegedly no access to blocks of flats! I told Manager about it and he allegedly said to people to stop bringing back mail but last Friday and today I had about 20 letters left for me to deliver The next day this is an ongoing problem and recorded parcels and letters have also been left my manager is not doing enough about it and I’m fed up with doing it myself what should I do? I’m so fed up with that I’m thinking of starting to leave the mail for them when they come back, it seems like all managers care about is tracked and specials being done and nothing else.

I understand your predicament, have been there. At the end of the day it's not your problem/concern. Just deliver what mail you have on the day. If it's going to take you over your time due to extra, then just cutoff. Don't bust a gut to deliver to addresses that someone else can't be bothered to. DON'T start playing their game, or it may come back to bite you. Just do your job. I hope the ones that are doing this get caught and reprimanded.

30 Dec 2019, 18:56

I get this off the young lad who has been covering my day off for the last wee while.... blocks of flats brought bk as no access where the lock on the door is broke.... top floor flats ‘missort’ and any awkward calls aswell ‘missort’.. d2ds streamed.... out to destroy and get done as quick as possible...

30 Dec 2019, 18:58

Ah it's universal then, f***ing cowboys.

30 Dec 2019, 22:50

They're playing a dangerous game by regularly not delivering and bringing back mail, someone in my office was doing something similar, but starting to arouse suspicion, so one day management did a pouch check when he got back to the office and found quite a few letters he couldn't be bothered to deliver and was going to leave for his cover to deliver the next day, although he'd got back to the office early. He got the sack for "willful delay"

30 Dec 2019, 23:15

barcajr wrote:They're playing a dangerous game by regularly not delivering and bringing back mail, someone in my office was doing something similar, but starting to arouse suspicion, so one day management did a pouch check when he got back to the office and found quite a few letters he couldn't be bothered to deliver and was going to leave for his cover to deliver the next day, although he'd got back to the office early. He got the sack for "willful delay"

I think getting the sack is a bit harsh but I believe our manager should do something about it just seems to shock his shoulders and say don’t worry about it but often I have to deliver mail which has been left for flats behind the shops and the more awkward addresses no one seem to do nothing about it no one seems to care and it’s really annoying I always try to do the job properly yeah the people are cutting corners finishing early and getting away with it I think it’s terrible and I almost feel like going above the managers head to get this sorted if this is possible

31 Dec 2019, 00:21

what-goes-around-come-around.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

31 Dec 2019, 10:02

We had somebody sacked last year for doing precisely this. On all of the walks on his float cover, he routinely took out the mail for the awkward addresses on his loops while he was doing the delivery and put it in a tray in the back of the van. He was part-time, day off cover so only did each walk once a week, and the walk had already been prepped when his attendance started. He claimed that the full-timer had prepped the delivery incorrectly and that the letters he brought back were in the wrong place when anybody challenged him about it.

In the end the staff members he was covering were fed up of arguing with him and complained to the management who put test letters in for awkward addresses and monitored them coming back to the office.

31 Dec 2019, 10:04

combo_king wrote:I get this off the young lad who has been covering my day off for the last wee while.... blocks of flats brought bk as no access where the lock on the door is broke.... top floor flats ‘missort’ and any awkward calls aswell ‘missort’.. d2ds streamed.... out to destroy and get done as quick as possible...

i walk around with them and confront them and say what f@@@ this ??? soon sh@@ selfs wont do it again all arse holes in our place

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1