not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

post letters in the dark.

02 Dec 2019, 21:59

Can someone tell me if it’s right to be posting letters and small packets in the dark?

02 Dec 2019, 22:05

ViperF wrote:Can someone tell me if it’s right to be posting letters and small packets in the dark?

We used to commence delivery at 0645, sometimes earlier.
It was dark then.

03 Dec 2019, 00:27

Woody Guthrie wrote:
ViperF wrote:Can someone tell me if it’s right to be posting letters and small packets in the dark?

We used to commence delivery at 0645, sometimes earlier.
It was dark then.

Yeah back when there was no health and safety. And at 6:45 most people
are still in bed. Not at 5pm when it’s full of scroates and scallys

03 Dec 2019, 17:04

It's not wrong, as in its right. Be brave, you can do it.

05 Dec 2019, 18:17

err why are you out delivering mail in the dark you have a start time and a finish time there is no need to be out after dark just cut off they cant make you work after your finish time

06 Dec 2019, 19:19

Don't deliver in the dark. It's difficult and potentially dangerous plus the public don't want to answer the door once it gets dark.

Regarding when we used to deliver in the dark in the morning that is totally different to knocking on doors at night. In addition the job was totally different then compared to the stresses we endure now, a multitude of products, feeling like we are being watched all the time, a total lack of trust, anti van idling regulations etc.

06 Dec 2019, 19:54

viking1488 wrote:err why are you out delivering mail in the dark you have a start time and a finish time there is no need to be out after dark just cut off they cant make you work after your finish time

The mail still has to be delivered that day by someone though..

06 Dec 2019, 20:48

leolion855 wrote:
viking1488 wrote:err why are you out delivering mail in the dark you have a start time and a finish time there is no need to be out after dark just cut off they cant make you work after your finish time

The postal regulator says that but all we can do is our best. It is the responsibility of the DOM then RM if mail is not delivered to specification.

08 Dec 2019, 18:22

leolion855 wrote:

That's what all the extra lino's/relief managers are for isn't it?

08 Dec 2019, 21:15

We used to start early in morning when it was dark - but it then started getting lighter after half an hour or so.

08 Dec 2019, 22:42

Posting in the dark is ok if you know the duty but if your bounced around lots of duty’s and you don’t know them really well it is dangerous as you don’t know where all the hazards are. The chances of misdelivery are also very high. Up here the councils have also started dimming the street lights to save money so trying to flick through a bundle is near on impossible unless you stand directly under one. Rurals in the dark I did once for just under an hour, never again that was bloody dangerous.

11 Dec 2019, 22:35

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Posting in the dark is ok if you know the duty but if your bounced around lots of duty’s and you don’t know them really well it is dangerous as you don’t know where all the hazards are. The chances of misdelivery are also very high. Up here the councils have also started dimming the street lights to save money so trying to flick through a bundle is near on impossible unless you stand directly under one. Rurals in the dark I did once for just under an hour, never again that was bloody dangerous.

I was of the same opinion until I got a decent head torch. I know, we shouldn't be having to buy these out our own pockets, but they are pretty useful for other things anyway. It's just like delivery in daylight if you have a good one. I was very sceptical but have been amazed how easy delivery in the dark is with one of these. Agree people are more reluctant to answer door when dark but that ain't our problem. Also can see how being on a familiar round would help.

14 Dec 2019, 20:01

leolion855 wrote:

Really you said it didn't matter

14 Dec 2019, 20:40

Dindin wrote:
leolion855 wrote:

Really you said it didn't matter

No i said its only possible for a few willing people to do so much, the mail should all be delivered if possible but when half the work force is made up of people who cant be arsed and think that 'someone else will do it', what else can we do?

Sounds like your harassing me now going through my post history.. :nana :nana

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1