not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Drs Sick Note

29 Nov 2019, 09:24

Handed in a 2 week sick note from the Dr,but my manager has rung and asked if I can come in daily just for a few hours? How do I stand if I say no?

Drs Sick Note

29 Nov 2019, 11:12

If your fit note says your not fit to work then tell your Dom exactly that , simple. Don't be bullied into going into work when your ill. Your Dr wouldn't sign you off sick if he thought you were fit for work. Your Dom is not a doctor.

Drs Sick Note

29 Nov 2019, 12:15

Thanks. Just a bit concerned as he’s ringing today. Needed to know if I’m ok to stick to the note.

Drs Sick Note

29 Nov 2019, 16:18

ive seen this happen so many times people with a line either sick or fit go back to work to early and you will be off again with the same thing if your doc says not fit for work your not fit and they cant make you go in even if they try and pressure you your doc has not signed you off for nothing and a fit line just do what your doc says and again just do what the line states no more no less its your health its these people who say ive got a line but im in work because im bored at home no they broke under pressure

Drs Sick Note

30 Nov 2019, 15:45

lillywhite wrote:Handed in a 2 week sick note from the Dr,but my manager has rung and asked if I can come in daily just for a few hours? How do I stand if I say no?

A

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.... I would put in a grievance straight away and as the DOM was putting me under more stress I would be off far longer than intended. Just when you think you have seen and heard it all from RM then bullying like this pops up. Also mate if anything happened to you if you did attend, they would end up winning you for coming in while signed off sick by a doctor. Bunch of bastards... :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Drs Sick Note

30 Nov 2019, 21:01

lillywhite wrote:Handed in a 2 week sick note from the Dr,but my manager has rung and asked if I can come in daily just for a few hours? How do I stand if I say no?

Ask to see his or her qualification as a doctor if they then bullshit you you can have them jailed I do believe impersonation of a police officer is the same as a doctor last time I saw in the legislation of this land!

Drs Sick Note

03 Dec 2019, 06:56

k979aaa wrote:

Ask to see his or her qualification as a doctor if they then bullshit you you can have them jailed I do believe impersonation of a police officer is the same as a doctor last time I saw in the legislation of this land!

Sorry, you have posted tripe, hopefully in error.

Managers, can, when reasonable (in law) override a fit note, but to do it against a Doctors recommendation, or without getting input from an OHS adviser would be questionable should an ET result from their actions.

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/gover ... fit-notes/

The guidance states: “The assessment about whether your employee is not fit for work or may be fit for work (and any other advice in the fit note) is classed as advice, and it is for employers to determine whether or not to accept it.

“Occasionally, you may believe that your employee is not fit for work when they have been assessed as fit for work by their doctor, or you may think that your employee could do some work when they have been assessed as ‘not fit for work’ by their doctor.”

XpertHR resources
Is an employer obliged to comply with the advice on a fit note?

How to use fit notes effectively

Deal with the situation where a fit note contains recommendations to facilitate the employee’s return to work

The guidance continues: “In situations like this you as the employer are within your rights to gather other evidence about your employee’s fitness for work from other doctors or healthcare professionals. You can choose to give this other evidence precedence over the advice in the fit note.

“Your employee may disagree with you, and you may need to demonstrate to an employment tribunal why the alternative source of evidence was more acceptable to you than the fit note.”

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1