not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Instant Sackable Offences

17 Nov 2019, 12:23

yellowbelly wrote:
twoloops wrote:...............would never try porch door, if they not in it goes back, I was then told if you can leave a parcel in an open porch if you take a photo & apparently there is a camera on the PDA?

Good calls Marshamp and twoloops - unless it says on the 'Safeplace' on a tracked item 'Leave in porch', what RM procedure states you can open
a porch door? What happens if you knock over the valuable vase on the table in the porch? What happens if something goes missing from
the porch? What happens if there's a dog dozing in the porch and takes a liking to your hand or shoots out of the open door?

So what do you people do if a customer has a porch with a door and you need to post letters?

They are potentially not going to be safe either. So you'd not post to that house at all?

You've either got to try the door to see if it's unlocked and if it is unlocked (like a large amount of them are) you've either got to go into the porch to post through their 2nd door and risk being attacked by dogs, breaking something etc or risk leaving it in their porch, or bring the post back every time and make the customer collect their post until they start locking their porch door.

17 Nov 2019, 12:26

Jpro747 wrote:If you’re part of the old brigade you can get away with murder. The invincibles I call em.

I have noticed this.

17 Nov 2019, 12:32

norris9 wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:If you’re part of the old brigade you can get away with murder. The invincibles I call em.

I have noticed this.

It must be different at our office as the senior men are the ones with the biggest targets on their back, Royal Mail would love to get rid of all the 30+ years workers.

18 Nov 2019, 14:39

I see the CWU agreeing to this deal
Last edited by Phunter on 18 Nov 2019, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

18 Nov 2019, 14:42

There was a girl in my office who was sacked for a roll away van (it hit a parked car causing some minor damage) but got her job back on appeal, and someone else left a parcel on the front seat,returned to find the window smashed and parcel stolen, he got conducted, not sacked

18 Nov 2019, 19:33

Interfering with any mail before it's destination and that includes your own unless your manager has agreed it!

18 Nov 2019, 20:06

norris9 wrote:

I have noticed this.

The docket kings get way with murder not senior posties

18 Nov 2019, 22:59

norris9 wrote:

I have noticed this.

Usually because they work their days off every week. Except long weekends of course. Don't claim OT because they finish 1hr early on Tue/Sat. Prep D2D in own time. And do most of the scheduled attendance.
Managers love them.

19 Nov 2019, 15:49

Newbie001 wrote:
norris9 wrote:

I have noticed this.

Usually because they work their days off every week. Except long weekends of course. Don't claim OT because they finish 1hr early on Tue/Sat. Prep D2D in own time. And do most of the scheduled attendance.
Managers love them.

BUT THE MAJORITY THINK THEY'RE *****; which thinking about it, is an understatement...at least the docket kings are one dimensional mercenary types...i canny understand the other *****at all: gifting the managers their bonuses/pay rise whilst knacking themselves and the job per se...utter, UTTER ***** :crazy:

20 Nov 2019, 08:05

Do not try to get around the swear filter, it is there for a reason, please keep any swearing to a minimum, please.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php

Please remember we are not an age-restricted site so be careful when using an expletive.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2