not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Grievance referred to implicated manager

08 Nov 2019, 15:03

I put in a stage 2 grievance a few weeks ago.

My DOM is implicated so it was referred to the area manager. However he was off at the time and it was referred back to my DOM who by the sounds of it was covering in his absence.

My Dom claims they simply saw it on the PSP and then referred it on to someone else, but surely there is some kind of breach of confidentiality here?

08 Nov 2019, 17:19

Ah the "I only saw it on the Psp/ desk bullshit" how I miss toying with their petty games. :roll:

08 Nov 2019, 17:30

Yes. Lots of back-pedalling as soon as the DOM admitted they’d seen it. ‘Oh it’s quite standard for this to happen’, ‘I only saw it on the PSP but haven’t seen anything else’.

What I want to know is; is this normal/standard, would it have been referred to them or have they gone looking?

And what is the set up of the PSP that would allow them to see it but not ‘see’ it, or is it more likely they’ve had access to the entirety of the grievance?

08 Nov 2019, 20:02

weakerthan wrote:Yes. Lots of back-pedalling as soon as the DOM admitted they’d seen it. ‘Oh it’s quite standard for this to happen’, ‘I only saw it on the PSP but haven’t seen anything else’.

What I want to know is; is this normal/standard, would it have been referred to them or have they gone looking?

And what is the set up of the PSP that would allow them to see it but not ‘see’ it, or is it more likely they’ve had access to the entirety of the grievance?

If your Dom was the cover for the Area Manager then he would have been given access to the PSP and any grievances/tribunal claims and attendance issues that needed sorting out then he might have just seen your name and thought feck that I'm not touching that ;liar and pass it on to another manager but knowing how these charlies are(nosy f***ers) he would have opened the case on the PSP and had a good read, you will only find out when/if you've said something in your grievance and then your Dom or one of his management team manages to repeat it word for word but they certain won't admit to any wrong doing.

09 Nov 2019, 10:14

Okay thanks. So whilst not ideal, there haven’t been failures as such?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1