not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Sick leave help

05 Nov 2019, 10:26

ago
Something similar has happened to myself,I have been struggling at work for a week or so with a back problem but couldn’t get to see a Dr till the first day of my holiday (yesterday) I have been given a 2 week sick note due to sciatica. How do I stand regarding being sick on my holiday,what is the procedure? Thanks

Sick leave help

05 Nov 2019, 11:02

You are now on the sick, your holiday will be credited back to you.
the law as it stands is that an employee who is ill during a period of holiday is entitled to transfer those days when they are ill to a period when they return from leave and, if this cannot be achieved in that leave year, to carry it over into the next.

Although we have direction on here somewhere I found the above online for ease of reference.
Just search for sick while on holiday law

Sick leave help

05 Nov 2019, 11:15

Thanks,appreciate your reply.

Sick leave help

05 Nov 2019, 12:36

POSTMAN wrote:You are now on the sick, your holiday will be credited back to you.
the law as it stands is that an employee who is ill during a period of holiday is entitled to transfer those days when they are ill to a period when they return from leave and, if this cannot be achieved in that leave year, to carry it over into the next.

Although we have direction on here somewhere I found the above online for ease of reference.
Just search for sick while on holiday law

which is correct except that you have to inform them that your sick at the earliest opportunity and want your holidays crediting back to you ,otherwise you'd have staff taking the piss by having their weeks/two weeks holiday then saying on the Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday saying hey Mr Dom in fact I've been ill these past few weeks please give me back my holiday entitlement. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1