not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 07:48

Hi, wanted a straight answer so thought I’d post here. I’m on 2 week annual leave. Within 2 days I got a heavy cold and it’s dragged on for most of the first week. I have forgotten what happens if I ring work and ask for holiday credit. Is my sick added to my sick absence record if they credit my weeks holiday back to me , or do I just get my full holiday back no penalties attached? And is their a set period in which Im allowed use the credit Thanks

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 08:06

DM66 wrote:Hi, wanted a straight answer so thought I’d post here. I’m on 2 week annual leave. Within 2 days I got a heavy cold and it’s dragged on for most of the first week. I have forgotten what happens if I ring work and ask for holiday credit. Is my sick added to my sick absence record if they credit my weeks holiday back to me , or do I just get my full holiday back no penalties attached? And is their a set period in which Im allowed use the credit Thanks

I think any days credited back as holidays would have the equal amount of days added to your absence record and count towards any stages.

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 08:14

Any days that you're supposed to be on holiday but are off sick get credited back (but not bank holidays AFAIK)

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 12:13

This is a real odd one . Just rang manager and he said need a doctors note before they can do anything at all. So rang Union rep who checked with his superior and apparently if I’d rung on Monday to say I was ill the whole week would be credited back to me as holiday without it affecting my attendance, but as I only rang today ( because I’ve been ill and hadn’t thought to ring until it was really bad) I won’t get the week credited back to be. So on Monday I’m supposed to be clairvoyant and know I’ll be even more I’ll by the end of week. ? This ain’t no holiday I’m in bed . Monday and Tuesday was a light cold , Wednesday to today has progressed steadily worse. How on earth does anyone no their real rights on a matter like this?

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 17:51

DM66 wrote:This is a real odd one . Just rang manager and he said need a doctors note before they can do anything at all. So rang Union rep who checked with his superior and apparently if I’d rung on Monday to say I was ill the whole week would be credited back to me as holiday without it affecting my attendance, but as I only rang today ( because I’ve been ill and hadn’t thought to ring until it was really bad) I won’t get the week credited back to be. So on Monday I’m supposed to be clairvoyant and know I’ll be even more I’ll by the end of week. ? This ain’t no holiday I’m in bed . Monday and Tuesday was a light cold , Wednesday to today has progressed steadily worse. How on earth does anyone no their real rights on a matter like this?

You can’t be on holiday and Ill at the same time. One or the other. If you’re I’ll and are trying to get the holiday recredited to you then it will affect your attendance record and will count towards a stage one. Don’t forget, Sunday’s are counted as a working day for sickness. A weeks sick is 8 days!

Sick on leave

01 Nov 2019, 19:27

Biker Mouse wrote:
DM66 wrote:This is a real odd one . Just rang manager and he said need a doctors note before they can do anything at all. So rang Union rep who checked with his superior and apparently if I’d rung on Monday to say I was ill the whole week would be credited back to me as holiday without it affecting my attendance, but as I only rang today ( because I’ve been ill and hadn’t thought to ring until it was really bad) I won’t get the week credited back to be. So on Monday I’m supposed to be clairvoyant and know I’ll be even more I’ll by the end of week. ? This ain’t no holiday I’m in bed . Monday and Tuesday was a light cold , Wednesday to today has progressed steadily worse. How on earth does anyone no their real rights on a matter like this?

You can’t be on holiday and Ill at the same time. One or the other. If you’re I’ll and are trying to get the holiday recredited to you then it will affect your attendance record and will count towards a stage one. Don’t forget, Sunday’s are counted as a working day for sickness. A weeks sick is 8 days!

How is a weeks sick 8 days.

Sick on leave

02 Nov 2019, 13:30

aiden01 wrote:
Biker Mouse wrote:

How is a weeks sick 8 days.

Sorry was thinking if you went sick on the Monday, then go back the following Monday would include two sundays, but it doesn’t

Sick on leave

02 Nov 2019, 19:07

All absences have to be recorded on PSP. The only two categories that apply here is sick or leave. Go sick, get your leave back and take the hit on attendance or stay on leave, don't get a credit for it and keep your attendance record free.

Sick on leave

02 Nov 2019, 20:20

97gaz wrote:All absences have to be recorded on PSP. The only two categories that apply here is sick or leave. Go sick, get your leave back and take the hit on attendance or stay on leave, don't get a credit for it and keep your attendance record free.

Had to do that not long ago had a severe tummy bug while on leave rather lose it than go sick.

Sick on leave

05 Nov 2019, 09:25

Something similar has happened to myself,I have been struggling at work for a week or so with a back problem but couldn’t get to see a Dr till the first day of my holiday (yesterday) I have been given a 2 week sick note due to sciatica. How do I stand regarding being sick on my holiday,what is the procedure? Thanks

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1