not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE



Flex up

01 Oct 2019, 18:40

Not sure if this has been covered, could not find it sorry if it has.

Got back to the office today, was about 40 mins early . Dom appeared from nowhere as I was about to sign out, and asked me if I would be willing to flex up on Thurs, or would be made to stay till my time.
I don't have an issue with working till my time, I very rarely finish early on my round anyway. But I was not going to agree to work over my time on Thurs, just to be allowed to go.
My objection is the fact everyone else was allowed to go, a few were asked the same thing (I suspect to make it look fare) but all went early. I was the only one that stayed, and did d2d's on someone's round that left.
Most if any won't have to work the time back since they don't go over their time (or even up to it). I have round I have trouble completing.
I'm pretty sure the flex agreement does not allow them to blackmail me into agreeing to go over on a day in the future. Just keep everyone there till their time, or let everyone that has finished go! .
My Union rep has advised me to put in a grievance, which I intend to do. But would like some feedback so I have a better idea how to word it.

Thanks

Flex up

01 Oct 2019, 18:56

fisherkinguk wrote:Not sure if this has been covered, could not find it sorry if it has.

Got back to the office today, was about 40 mins early . Dom appeared from nowhere as I was about to sign out, and asked me if I would be willing to flex up on Thurs, or would be made to stay till my time.
I don't have an issue with working till my time, I very rarely finish early on my round anyway. But I was not going to agree to work over my time on Thurs, just to be allowed to go.
My objection is the fact everyone else was allowed to go, a few were asked the same thing (I suspect to make it look fare) but all went early. I was the only one that stayed, and did d2d's on someone's round that left.
Most if any won't have to work the time back since they don't go over their time (or even up to it). I have round I have trouble completing.
I'm pretty sure the flex agreement does not allow them to blackmail me into agreeing to go over on a day in the future. Just keep everyone there till their time, or let everyone that has finished go! .
My Union rep has advised me to put in a grievance, which I intend to do. But would like some feedback so I have a better idea how to word it.

Thanks


If the DOM doesn't ask the first pair back to work to their time and then asks you to do it, then put a grievance in against the DOM. He/she can't pick and choose who works to time and who goes home early.

Flex up

01 Oct 2019, 21:07

He singled you out and that is a form of bullying put in a grievance.

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 00:11

There is no general " flex agreement" that I'm aware of, though there is an agreement that requests extended delivery on a given day where mail is delayed arriving at the DO as a result of machine breakdown at MC , travel congestion, or bad weather??? the proviso being that the extended time is given back the following day, or by the end of the week ???

On many jobs this is impractical ... as workloads are unmanageable even on a standard day !

One thing that has always stuck somewhat in my gullet however, is individuals who regularly cut-off to finish "at their finishing time" on heavy days never wish to stay till finishing time on the quiet days ! ! ! There is always something to do in my office and leaving early when there are door to doors to prep, parcels to book in or dead mail to deal with, is in my opinion wrong ?

Sure, we all have social lives and want to get home... but let's be consistent ? If you were runing a business would you allow this and tolerate your staff taking the p*** ?

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 13:32

Not sure what you mean Decky Boy.
I am the one working my hours pretty much every day, have quite often gone over my time and have not booked it because he will not pay it anyway as He didn't authorise it before I went out and I didn't realise I would end up going over. The same with bringing it back, if I didn't realise and not told him he will not let me bring it back.
Most other postmen in my office finish early, and I mean 2 hours before me. But as long as they laps (which if your finishing that early you can!), then he will leave you alone.
I can't laps since I'm up to or over my time most days. The day in question just happened to be a Tues, no work time learning done that day.
Made up 40 mins (very rare for me). Most others would have been long gone before I got back.
As I have said, I don't mind working my hours. But then so should everyone.

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 14:35

fisherkinguk wrote:Not sure what you mean Decky Boy.
I am the one working my hours pretty much every day, have quite often gone over my time and have not booked it because he will not pay it anyway as He didn't authorise it before I went out and I didn't realise I would end up going over. The same with bringing it back, if I didn't realise and not told him he will not let me bring it back.
Most other postmen in my office finish early, and I mean 2 hours before me. But as long as they laps (which if your finishing that early you can!), then he will leave you alone.
I can't laps since I'm up to or over my time most days. The day in question just happened to be a Tues, no work time learning done that day.
Made up 40 mins (very rare for me). Most others would have been long gone before I got back.
As I have said, I don't mind working my hours. But then so should everyone.
Regardless of you realising that you were going over or not you still went over so you should book it end of.

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 17:00

Marshamp11 wrote:
fisherkinguk wrote:Not sure what you mean Decky Boy.
I am the one working my hours pretty much every day, have quite often gone over my time and have not booked it because he will not pay it anyway as He didn't authorise it before I went out and I didn't realise I would end up going over. The same with bringing it back, if I didn't realise and not told him he will not let me bring it back.
Most other postmen in my office finish early, and I mean 2 hours before me. But as long as they laps (which if your finishing that early you can!), then he will leave you alone.
I can't laps since I'm up to or over my time most days. The day in question just happened to be a Tues, no work time learning done that day.
Made up 40 mins (very rare for me). Most others would have been long gone before I got back.
As I have said, I don't mind working my hours. But then so should everyone.
Regardless of you realising that you were going over or not you still went over so you should book it end of.


Agree with Marshamp - if you don't know you're going to go over (but it sounds like it's a regular occurrence) get him to authorise say 30mins anyway.
If he won't then highlight the fact to him that when you realise you're going to go over you'll have to bring mail back to
ensure you finish at your finish time as he's not authorised you to work OT.

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 17:49

What annoys me with RM is that if someone comes back half an hour early they are all over it like a rash. If it's on the other side - for example I have worked two hours 15 minutes unpaid so far this week - no one wants to know.
The union are dead against it but I still think we need a proper clocking in and out system so everyone gets paid for the work they do.

Flex up

02 Oct 2019, 17:58

fisherkinguk wrote:Not sure what you mean Decky Boy.
I am the one working my hours pretty much every day, have quite often gone over my time and have not booked it because he will not pay it anyway as He didn't authorise it before I went out and I didn't realise I would end up going over.

See your rep asap! See this thread it has the cutting off procudere, I always use this thread/ltb so the screws can't come out with any 'it's outdated bollox'!

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=87709
The PDF please download : royal-mail-cwu-national-joint-statement-avoiding-delay-commit-to-deliver-and-reporting-standards.pdf




Prior to commencement of delivery
On completion of their preparation, where an employee believes that they may experience difficulty
in completing their delivery within the authorised time allotted, they should approach their manager
as soon as possible before setting out on delivery.


After commencement of delivery
Where an employee is prevented from completing their delivery for any reason, it is essential that
this is reported immediately, either by returning to the office or by phone. A written record will be
kept. All employees should be informed of the local authorised arrangements in writing.

Flex up

04 Oct 2019, 13:46

Celgar wrote:The union are dead against it but I still think we need a proper clocking in and out system so everyone gets paid for the work they do.


I agree. It's silly, especially given the current climate at RM, not to have a clocking in and out system.

Of course, a lot of managers would dislike such a system because it suits them to have people in early, even if they then finish early, rather than have them in on time and then saying they can't take their lasping or can't complete (it may seem ridiculous but there are in my office a significant number of people who claim they can't complete in time if they arrive when scheduled but who can do their round in the time allotted if they come in 30 mins or and hour early)

Flex up

11 Oct 2019, 23:51

Flex up it is some kind of gym thing can you go in spandex and a thong or is it just wrong? :confused

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1