not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

LUNCH BREAKS

25 Sep 2019, 19:40

Hi everyone two very straight forward questions.Are we allowed to leave the premises of royal mail on our lunch breaks to go home or to a local cafe. Can anyone come up with a national agreement or any specific rule please.

LUNCH BREAKS

25 Sep 2019, 19:52

Not sure if it's true, but I was told your not allowed to drink in a pub in RM inform? Anyone confirm this?

LUNCH BREAKS

25 Sep 2019, 20:05

Don't know specifically - the only wording I know is from the WTR 1988, Part 2, Regulation 12

Subject to the provisions of any applicable collective agreement or workforce agreement, the rest break provided for in paragraph (1) is an uninterrupted period of not less than 20 minutes, and the worker is entitled to spend it away from his workstation if he has one.

I would imagine management's issues are the security of mail/keys/equipment that you are responsible for while you take your
break away from the RM premises and probably that time getting to and from your chosen break location is part of your break time.

LUNCH BREAKS

25 Sep 2019, 20:42

twoloops wrote:Not sure if it's true, but I was told your not allowed to drink in a pub in RM inform? Anyone confirm this?

Especially if your van is on the front with the hazards on!!

LUNCH BREAKS

26 Sep 2019, 12:02

Isn`t your van a place of work/workstation?

LUNCH BREAKS

27 Sep 2019, 22:24

From the Gov website..............

Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as:

the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)
workers are allowed to spend it away from their desk or workstation (ie away from where they actually work)
It doesn’t count as a rest break if an employer says an employee should go back to work before their break is finished.

Unless a worker’s employment contract says so, they don’t have the right to:

take smoking breaks
get paid for rest breaks

The break referred to is the 20mins minimum break for a 6 hour day and not any additional allowances.

LUNCH BREAKS

28 Sep 2019, 05:17

Does your office have a canteen if not how can you have a meal relief without a facility of basic human rights and conditions!

LUNCH BREAKS

03 Oct 2019, 12:40

twoloops wrote:Not sure if it's true, but I was told your not allowed to drink in a pub in RM inform? Anyone confirm this?

Yes, it's from years ago but I'm sure it's still in the rule book that they don't issue anymore but expect you to know everything. It's the same rule for bus/ train drivers ect.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1