not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Manager refusing to pay ED

10 Sep 2019, 18:39

On arrival at my DO today, it was clear it wasn’t a normal Tuesday. We had way more mail than normal. As a 30 hour part timer, I’ve been working 35 due to staff shortages. I normally walk in and go straight to my walk at 7.30am. Today I was asked to prep a lapsed duty and part prep a rural walk. Long story short, I was out way late and my manager refused ED for me to do my lapsing. My manager said I’m not paying ED today because you’ll be finished early the rest of the week. Thoughts???

10 Sep 2019, 18:42

pda actuals will have the info demand your ot

10 Sep 2019, 19:25

How does he know you will be finishing earlier the rest of the week, you might be off sick. You work for today not tomorrow. Get what you are owed.

10 Sep 2019, 19:50

Just work to your time for the rest of the week, probably a good habit to slip into as the days of finishing early aren't going to be around much longer.

11 Sep 2019, 15:17

Work your hours and no more. Tell them regardless of how busy or quiet I'll work till my time doing whatever needs done. They'll be some arguments but it'll get easier. Don't finish early any day especially sat. They think they have folk over a barrel with that one. Tell him no overtime no early finish thanks. Do job right . Be mindful of pda and use it to your advantage. Remember it doesn't know if you've came in early or skipped a break or cut corners to finish early. All it does is track and send back details. So give them details that will drive them nuts. Bang on up to your time every day. And do it with a smile on your face. After all hes the one who didnt want to pay out overtime so dont do it. We all nationally need to start doing this to protect our jobs if we did we would also scare off folk like Rico. Plus if he says theres not enough work till your time so u owe me that is crap. If you report for more work rather than go home early and he can't give u more work then that's that or go and work at callers office.

11 Sep 2019, 15:46

rumble1234 wrote: or go and work at callers office.

You need to be trained to work in the customer service point.

11 Sep 2019, 20:18

clashcityrocker wrote:
rumble1234 wrote: or go and work at callers office.

You need to be trained to work in the customer service point.

Done it, hate it, Lots of hassle, aggressive customers when forget to bring ID, phones ringing and sorting the incoming collections then balancing the specials in the locker.

Went back on delivery so much easier.

12 Sep 2019, 15:22

What's ED?

12 Sep 2019, 15:25

Extended Delivery in this case.
I do however now keep getting adverts about how I can cure my ED.

12 Sep 2019, 18:10

If he's not paying you extended delivery then you don't do it. We work from day to day. What happens then if you get a load of catalogues and work over your time on Wednesday and Thursday?? Do you still not get paid any extended delivery???

12 Sep 2019, 21:02

This is widespread and not just in RM and doesn't surprise me in the slightest. For a long time Tuesday has often been expected to be a quieter day and so they have a voluntary sort of expectation to use that to counteract going over on the following days. We are in September now which is always busy and it has been as usual. As an example of where we are on Tuesday I went an hour over duty time, on Wednesday I went fifty minutes over, but today I finished at end of duty time. Expecting Friday to be busier if the current pattern continues.

13 Sep 2019, 20:53

For the record, I refused to take my lapsing. Manager wasn't happy, however as this week has panned out in my office, we've been on our time give or take a minute or two. Off tomorrow so in effect would have worked for f**k all. I always come in on my time, have my breaks and am now in the habit of leaving lapsing if I'm not getting extended delivery. Sadly, I still work in an office where part timers come in early, don't take breaks and are happy to work ten twenty minutes over and not get paid. Sod that

13 Sep 2019, 21:22

Nicos9 wrote:For the record, I refused to take my lapsing. Manager wasn't happy, however as this week has panned out in my office, we've been on our time give or take a minute or two. Off tomorrow so in effect would have worked for f**k all. I always come in on my time, have my breaks and am now in the habit of leaving lapsing if I'm not getting extended delivery. Sadly, I still work in an office where part timers come in early, don't take breaks and are happy to work ten twenty minutes over and not get paid. Sod that

Good for you for sticking up for yourself. :thumbup

14 Sep 2019, 01:36

Nicos9 wrote:On arrival at my DO today, it was clear it wasn’t a normal Tuesday. We had way more mail than normal. As a 30 hour part timer, I’ve been working 35 due to staff shortages. I normally walk in and go straight to my walk at 7.30am. Today I was asked to prep a lapsed duty and part prep a rural walk. Long story short, I was out way late and my manager refused ED for me to do my lapsing. My manager said I’m not paying ED today because you’ll be finished early the rest of the week. Thoughts???

Say how do you know ask the question first and here's my answer come in as late as the OT he owed you tell the little pillock before hand though and say good day to him staff shortage my ass more like bonus culture in full flow here. And next day tell him will not be doing ED so get your walking boots on let them earn their gold plated pensions!

15 Sep 2019, 11:24

Always find it strange that we are almost forced "unless u spend 20mins arguing every morning" into completing. But managers can refuse to pay if you go over which is illegal, but that's ok. Union is weak òn this issue. Causes untold stress for a lot of people and is behind majority of bullying. But all you get from union is "work to your time". Maybe they/union should make it easier to "work to your time". Find the whole thing exhausting.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2