not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Meal breaks

09 Aug 2019, 22:11

Well done the Union for making us take 20 mins indoor before we go out and leaving us just 20 mins for the rest of the day while out on delivery. Not!
Management only paying overtime if you only are seen to take 20 mins on the PDA actuals for your outdoor break, if you take all 40 outdoor, they take off 20 mins. All this is doing in main part is doing posties who don't take their 20 mins before going out ,out of half their break. Who wants a 20 min break when you have only been there 1.5hrs?

Meal breaks

10 Aug 2019, 17:50

rambo1 wrote:Well done the Union for making us take 20 mins indoor before we go out and leaving us just 20 mins for the rest of the day while out on delivery. Not!
Management only paying overtime if you only are seen to take 20 mins on the PDA actuals for your outdoor break, if you take all 40 outdoor, they take off 20 mins. All this is doing in main part is doing posties who don't take their 20 mins before going out ,out of half their break. Who wants a 20 min break when you have only been there 1.5hrs?

Our rep said you can't take 20 minutes break out on delivery and lino agreed

Meal breaks

10 Aug 2019, 20:48

Dindin wrote:
rambo1 wrote:Well done the Union for making us take 20 mins indoor before we go out and leaving us just 20 mins for the rest of the day while out on delivery. Not!

Our rep said you can't take 20 minutes break out on delivery and lino agreed

Why oh why don't all offices and union areas, sing from the same song sheet? Is it a case of divide and conquer?

Meal breaks

10 Aug 2019, 21:13

were 30 indoors and 10 outdoors

none allowed at the end of duty

Meal breaks

11 Aug 2019, 09:30

This all results from the majority of posties point blank refusing to take all or any of their break and therefore doing more work unpaid. Personally I would like to see it mandatory and strictly enforced for the first half of break time to be taken probably at a set time before going out on delivery or failing that just before each postie goes out on delivery. The second half of your break is entitled to be taken once you return to the DO after completion of your delivery or you could take it before if required.

Meal breaks

11 Aug 2019, 12:28

We are being told that any part of the meal relief being taken at the end of the duty is showing up as paid but unworked.
We are being told we cannot put any of our meal relief at the end of the duty.
It is either split between prior to dispatch and during delivery or the whole lot will have to be prior to dispatch.

Dovetailing part time and full time meal relief entitlements is problematic.

Meal breaks

11 Aug 2019, 18:01

centenaryman wrote:were 30 indoors and 10 outdoors

none allowed at the end of duty

Jeez, just 10 mins for what could be a 6+hr span.

Meal breaks

11 Aug 2019, 21:19

My old office take 20 minutes out on delivery and 20 minutes off at the end.

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 05:52

hothothot wrote:My old office take 20 minutes out on delivery and 20 minutes off at the end.

this is how I like to take mine.if they say you can't take 20 at end of day I will just stop for 20 mins after my last loop :cuppa

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 09:46

glenfiddich wrote:I will just stop for 20 mins after my last loop :cuppa

Bad idea, on the PDA actuals they'll see that 20mins as either 20mins that can be removed from the office or 20mins extra work they can give you

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 14:05

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Bad idea, on the PDA actuals they'll see that 20mins as either 20mins that can be removed from the office or 20mins extra work they can give you

No they won't. They will see it as someone taking 20 minutes break which they are fully entitled to do.

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 14:13

Rumple wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

No they won't. They will see it as someone taking 20 minutes break which they are fully entitled to do.

I somehow don't think that argument will carry any weight with higher up

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 15:54

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=22175

Way forward explains the 20 mins at the end

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 16:22

woofwoof wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22175

Way forward explains the 20 mins at the end

That is all well and good but what we are being told is the PDA actuals don't allow for that.
All of the break has to be taken, either in 2 blocks or as 1 meal relief, during the duty time.

Meal breaks

12 Aug 2019, 16:28

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Rumple wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

I somehow don't think that argument will carry any weight with higher up

Surely your not suggesting that staff aren't entitled to take a 20 minute break on completion of their last loop.
You are allowed to take a 40 minute break or 2 x 20 minute breaks. It's not an argument, it's a fact.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4