not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 14:50

Recently on a busy day the dim put on Lapsing. Now quite clearly this was to cover sick and not because we had any spare time in the day.
The person next to me told the manager that they didn't have time to do the lapsing as the delivery on their own duty was going to take them into O/T. They were then told that they were to report back to the dims office on their return. It sounds like all those that didn't have time to do the lapsing got told the same.
Now I don't see a problem with this per-se but other walks in the office that did take the lapsing didn't have to report back to her regardless wether they finished early, on time or late. Surely this is singling out certain staff who don't have the time to take lapsing.......?

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 15:10

discrimination

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 15:19

We get told that if we refuse absorbing, we can not come back early, do your absorbing come back early & go home.

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 17:27

twoloops wrote:We get told that if we refuse absorbing, we can not come back early, do your absorbing come back early & go home.

:shock: :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :so there

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 17:38

Our gaffer would tell us to leave a bit of our own walk and take the lapsing.

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 18:11

twoloops wrote:We get told that if we refuse absorbing, we can not come back early, do your absorbing come back early & go home.

I think you miss my point. Without taking lapsing they're still over their time! Add lapsing on and they'd be even later!

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 18:50

From what you are saying the first thing I would want before being ordered to go into any DOMs office is a genuine Union Rep that is up on the correct procedures as well.

See it might be nothing, the DOM might just be ensuring that staff who don't take the lapsing are not leaving early like they say they are doing. However, they could also use bullying tactics instead and throw up performance issues and stuff like that to try and get posties to conform with taking out absorption even when its obvious that you ain't got time to do it. Best to get onto Area Rep if you feel that your current office rep is a bit of a sleeping manager.

refusing to do lapsing

06 Aug 2019, 19:18

Why would you be going back early if you've refused to take the lapsing? If you got back early it means you had time to do it. Going home early is the reward/ carrot to get people to do it

refusing to do lapsing

07 Aug 2019, 14:05

anyone doing any lapsing after the national update info is off their f***ing heads

refusing to do lapsing

07 Aug 2019, 14:46

hans solo wrote:anyone doing any lapsing after the national update info is off their f***ing heads

Why?

refusing to do lapsing

07 Aug 2019, 20:25

hans solo wrote:anyone doing any lapsing after the national update info is off their f***ing heads

???????

refusing to do lapsing

08 Aug 2019, 14:48

citypostie wrote:

Why would you be going back early if you've refused to take the lapsing? If you got back early it means you had time to do it. Going home early is the reward/ carrot to get people to do it

That’s why it annoyed me. The business keep going on about EVERYONE working their PAID hours and job and finish is no longer allowed yet they still allow it to go on. That’s great if you’re on a walk that is ‘easy’ almost impossible on a lot of walks.

refusing to do lapsing

10 Aug 2019, 08:18

postslippete wrote:From what you are saying the first thing I would want before being ordered to go into any DOMs office is a genuine Union Rep that is up on the correct procedures as well.

See it might be nothing, the DOM might just be ensuring that staff who don't take the lapsing are not leaving early like they say they are doing. However, they could also use bullying tactics instead and throw up performance issues and stuff like that to try and get posties to conform with taking out absorption even when its obvious that you ain't got time to do it. Best to get onto Area Rep if you feel that your current office rep is a bit of a sleeping manager.

That's if the area rep isn't even more of a sleeping manager!

refusing to do lapsing

10 Aug 2019, 08:29

WOBBLY wrote:
citypostie wrote:

That’s why it annoyed me. The business keep going on about EVERYONE working their PAID hours and job and finish is no longer allowed yet they still allow it to go on. That’s great if you’re on a walk that is ‘easy’ almost impossible on a lot of walks.

It really isn't worth getting stressed over mate. It is simply the inequality of royal mail. The only way they can be seen to save money it seems is by reducing overtime. What they don't see is that someone going home an hr early 'costs' the business the same as paying someone an hr overtime. It all stems from walks not being equal. Of course, people work at different speeds, I get that, but every walk on a given level of traffic should take the same postie the same time to deliver. We all know that isn't the case. People on impossible walks usually get the most stress from management trying to reduce the visible office budget i.e overtime. What they don't seem to get is that those very posties are their most efficient workers because they are working every minute they are being paid i.e not sat at home being paid after finishing early. It's always been the same probably always will be untill the business folds ( probably sometime in the next 5 yrs) .
Just go do your job get paid (which in itself is sometimes a battle) and go home, try not to stress about what anyone else is doing or getting away with or it'll spoil your life.

refusing to do lapsing

10 Aug 2019, 12:47

That is fair enough.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2