not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 10:25

Hi , anybody having problems with management and the new hourly holidays as opposed to days holiday? We were told yesterday that we aren’t accruing enough hours during our week out to cover our holiday, therefore this year we owe them hours back, next year we’ll only be getting 5 weeks holiday .Does this sound right? It doesn’t to me.

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 17:54

janetatk wrote:Hi , anybody having problems with management and the new hourly holidays as opposed to days holiday? We were told yesterday that we aren’t accruing enough hours during our week out to cover our holiday, therefore this year we owe them hours back, next year we’ll only be getting 5 weeks holiday .Does this sound right? It doesn’t to me.

Yes you get 30days which is right you use 6 days for a week's leave on Wallington

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 19:40

arnold cheshire wrote:
janetatk wrote:Hi , anybody having problems with management and the new hourly holidays as opposed to days holiday? We were told yesterday that we aren’t accruing enough hours during our week out to cover our holiday, therefore this year we owe them hours back, next year we’ll only be getting 5 weeks holiday .Does this sound right? It doesn’t to me.

Yes you get 30days which is right you use 6 days for a week's leave on Wallington
That cannot be right. We work a 5 day week the 6th day is a scheduled day off anyway so shouldnt count against annual leave.

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 20:14

Wallington weeks have no effect on annual leave. You work 30 days over a six week period (5x 6 days plus a week off)
Non Wallington is 6x 5 days.
Both amount to 30 days work over a six week period.
In short, somebody is feeding you bullshit mate, get on to your rep. If he's doing nowt then go to area rep.

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 20:20

You bank your day off for the Wallington. There's to many newbies on here who don't have a clue

Week- out / wallingtons

11 Jul 2019, 20:30

On a Wallington you used to work 48 hours and get paid for 39 now 38

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 00:02

arnold cheshire wrote:On a Wallington you used to work 48 hours and get paid for 39 now 38

No No No
when Wallingtons were started it was a
40 hour week plus day working as you have no day off cover staff ie 48 hours it then changed to
39 hours week 46.8 hours now is
38 hours week 45.6 hours
it sounds like they the management are using pda actuals to reduce your days off because that is all wallingtion weeks are maybe you should all come back at the duty finish time or you will have this impositioned upon you all and all lose a weeks days off.
Last edited by k979aaa on 12 Jul 2019, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 00:20

8.69 weeks is a year in your non working weeks in wallington weeks so they say you are only entitled to 7.69 so if we take this week lets say holidays/AL are 4 weeks SO 48 weeks work for most to work another 38 hours = 0.79 hours or 47 minuets and forty seconds or 47.40 a week or 7.9 minutes a day which is 7 minutes and 54 seconds but this is just an average some will be back sooner others later as one quote of royalmail said it all adds up just work slower!

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 06:28

hero22 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:You bank your day off for the Wallington. There's to many newbies on here who don't have a clue

They don't know so they ask the question. Then they get some smart arse answer from people like you.

Do you think RM are going to give you your rest day for your annual leave week twice?

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 07:46

Agreement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 13:35

I’ve spoken to union rep and got some clarification.I have a part time week out duty. I work 39. 16 hours but get paid 32.40 hours .While I’m on holiday I am not (apparently)contributing to my week out (7 ish ) hours x6 so to sort this out they are going to take a weeks holiday back, rather than take a week out back. Does this sound right? As far as I’m concerned week out and holiday are a completely separate thing. What do you lot think?

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 13:40

Name calling posts have been removed.

Week- out / wallingtons

12 Jul 2019, 23:35

janetatk wrote:I’ve spoken to union rep and got some clarification.I have a part time week out duty. I work 39. 16 hours but get paid 32.40 hours .While I’m on holiday I am not (apparently)contributing to my week out (7 ish ) hours x6 so to sort this out they are going to take a weeks holiday back, rather than take a week out back. Does this sound right? As far as I’m concerned week out and holiday are a completely separate thing. What do you lot think?

Sounds suspect I would go area rep told you what how it works in last post of mine sounds like bull what they tell you. You work 6 days a week same hours so same time off every 6 weeks as for holidays whats your contract hours shift and start times but a flat week is a flat week same as see area rep some people feather their own nests at others expense in this place (ROYALMAIL) sorry but it is the truth.

Week- out / wallingtons

13 Jul 2019, 01:02

k979aaa wrote:
janetatk wrote:I’ve spoken to union rep and got some clarification.I have a part time week out duty. I work 39. 16 hours but get paid 32.40 hours .While I’m on holiday I am not (apparently)contributing to my week out (7 ish ) hours x6 so to sort this out they are going to take a weeks holiday back, rather than take a week out back. Does this sound right? As far as I’m concerned week out and holiday are a completely separate thing. What do you lot think?

Sounds suspect I would go area rep told you what how it works in last post of mine sounds like bull what they tell you. You work 6 days a week same hours so same time off every 6 weeks as for holidays whats your contract hours shift and start times but a flat week is a flat week same as see area rep some people feather their own nests at others expense in this place (ROYALMAIL) sorry but it is the truth.

I have the same problem, I am part time, 30 hour contract but I work 36 hours (6 hours unpaid) over 6 days thus I get every 6th week off, made up of the 30 hours I've worked unpaid. Now what I am being told is that because of the PSP system it has come to light that every time I take a weeks annual leave I owe 6 hours back because while on annual leave I am not contributing to my week out.
Also apparently holidays are based on hours and not days to cover people who do not work the same hours each day.

Week- out / wallingtons

13 Jul 2019, 01:21

curlywatts wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

I have the same problem, I am part time, 30 hour contract but I work 36 hours (6 hours unpaid) over 6 days thus I get every 6th week off, made up of the 30 hours I've worked unpaid. Now what I am being told is that because of the PSP system it has come to light that every time I take a weeks annual leave I owe 6 hours back because while on annual leave I am not contributing to my week out.

So you are part time this is what I was thinking by the OP it is called claw back of hours never knew about this the only till you have spoken of this. This is because of the differential in hours but having worked those hours before hand if not for years you should be credited with them this is an ongoing thing with the EU at the moment it is a big thing in that your Annual leave is fully consolidated by your work hours not just a contract. Ie zero hour contracts ect it will not be championed by boris or hunt people have done shifts of which one is Wallington weeks and some are happy but we need to eradicate bad practice or change the law that governs the time at work and recompense you receive for the work you have done!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2