not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 421/19 - Royal Mail Group Holiday Pay

09 Jul 2019, 11:40

No. 421/19

8th July 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Royal Mail Group Holiday Pay

Further to LTB 416/19 regarding the issue of average pay on annual leave.

Branches will be aware that the Department has been exchanging correspondence with Royal Mail Group concerning the wording of Paragraph 2 of the COT3 legal documentation. Our concern centred on the fact that the initial wording may have resulted in members not receiving back pay in the event of a collective national agreement being concluded. Following various drafts and after consultation with the Union’s Legal Advisor, I am pleased to announce that the following words have now been agreed:

“For the avoidance of doubt the terms of this agreement do not preclude the claimant from receiving the benefit of any deal reached nationally between the Company and CWU on holiday pay with respect to any holiday taken after the date of the national agreement. In the event that the Company and CWU enter into a national agreement which includes payments to employees in respect of the period prior to the Company’s payroll systems being updated to allow for future holiday pay to include payments reflecting regular overtime, any payment to the claimant will be pro-rated or reduced to extent that it is necessary so that the claimant does not recover payment twice for the same holiday.”

I can confirm that the Department has notified ACAS and Unionline of the above. This should now ensure that those claims where the monetary offer has been agreed by individual members (subject to acceptable terms and conditions) can be progressed.

Once again I would like to thank all Branches for their ongoing efforts in relation to this whole matter and for assisting with the ever increasing number of cases.

Any enquiries in relation to the content of this LTB should be addressed to the DGS(P) Department.

Yours sincerely,

Ray Ellis
Acting Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

LTB 421/19 - Royal Mail Group Holiday Pay https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-pkjtuhk-jtfltzjh-i/

View Online https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-pkjtuhk-jtfltzjh-d/

09 Jul 2019, 15:49

So are we close to a 'Collective National Agreement' or do we pursue individual claims???

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1