not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANGARD TREATED BETTER THAN ROYAL MAIL AT MY MC

03 Jul 2019, 19:31

angard staff at my MC get called by manager[s]. some work mon-fri 1800-2200 they get a better hourly rate. easier jobs and they dont need to book holidays they can just take time off. can someone explain to me how this is allowed to happen?
thanks

03 Jul 2019, 20:27

paddyd wrote:angard staff at my MC get called by manager[s]. some work mon-fri 1800-2200 they get a better hourly rate. easier jobs and they dont need to book holidays they can just take time off. can someone explain to me how this is allowed to happen?
thanks

After 12 weeks of at least 1 shift a week (6 weeks of no work resets the counter to 0 weeks), Angard agents become AWR-qualified which means Agency Worker Regulations. Basically, they get the same rights and benefits as well as notifications of job vancancies etc as their Royal Mail colleagues which in Mail Centres as OPGs in my experience. For the full list of rights and benefits, please feel free to peruse this link from ACAS http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=6493
However, neither Angard Staffing Solutions (which are sometimes referred to as Reedglobal at times) or Royal Mail enforce the AWR and there are dozens of problems caused by this for the Angard agents. CWU has promised and voted on plans of action being made to help Angard agents back during the annual CWU convention recently but I have seen no further info on this nor have the union reps at my mail centre approached any of us with information of their own volition.

As far as I know, Angard agents are not allowed to be contacted by Royal Mail for shifts. Its solely at the discretion of our employer which is Angard Staffing Solutions Ltd. I have no evidence of this either way though.

10 Jul 2019, 16:24

I miss my days on Angard...£14 an hour and had my pick of shifts because the managers knew I grafted...earnt more money a year on angard than I do now lol!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1