not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Stage 1 advice

12 Jun 2019, 06:44

I have recently returned to work after a short sickness absence which triggered a stage one warning.I was given a back to work meeting on the day of return but the stage warning was not issued until four weeks later. Is there a time limit in operation for managers to issue these warnings as I now have to watch sickness for 6 months plus a extra 4 weeks because stage starts on day if issue. Grateful for any advice on subject

Stage 1 advice

12 Jun 2019, 16:40

A good rep would argue that 4 weeks is mot a reasonable period to wait until issuing a stage warning.
Ask your rep in case I am wrong but I believe that the screws won't do anything to rectify this until you hit a stage 3 when you have the right of appeal.
You can still take time offf for illness in the next 7 months as long as you stay within the limits. Sadly I can't find those numbers for you atm.

Stage 1 advice

12 Jun 2019, 17:30

Thanks

Stage 1 advice

12 Jun 2019, 23:13

Sir Henry wrote:A good rep would argue that 4 weeks is mot a reasonable period to wait until issuing a stage warning.
Ask your rep in case I am wrong but I believe that the screws won't do anything to rectify this until you hit a stage 3 when you have the right of appeal.
You can still take time offf for illness in the next 7 months as long as you stay within the limits. Sadly I can't find those numbers for you atm.

2 Absences or 10 Days will trigger next stage.

Stage 1 advice

14 Jun 2019, 06:57

if you are in the union, raise a grievance with the rep, stating that the manager was out of time and unreasonable in issuing the stage 1.
This has been one successfully by another member who I heard about.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1