not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

NICs and Weekly Pay

10 Jun 2019, 19:44

I started last September as a postie and I was just looking at my P60 for last year. I paid just £10 in income tax because I was only just over the personal allowance but I paid £667 in NICs! If my income was averaged over the whole year, I'd have only paid £219. Basically because of some really heavy weeks of overtime, I was taxed 12% on any earnings over £166. If those hours had been spread in a more balanced way (e.g. averaged over a month), I'd have saved hundreds. So my question is a) why do we get weekly pay and b) can we opt to be paid monthly? Cheers.

NICs and Weekly Pay

11 Jun 2019, 12:07

Being paid monthly wouldn't have altered the amount of National Insurance Contributions that you paid since joining.

NICs and Weekly Pay

11 Jun 2019, 15:56

We get weekly pay because the union has stuck to it's guns on this - it's much better ( can you imagine the chaos of trying to argue about missed OT payments from a previous month ?) .

NICs and Weekly Pay

19 Jun 2019, 06:08

Schiff wrote:Being paid monthly wouldn't have altered the amount of National Insurance Contributions that you paid since joining.

Oh right, because you said that suddenly it is true. /s

NICs and Weekly Pay

19 Jun 2019, 21:05

blobneb wrote:
Schiff wrote:Being paid monthly wouldn't have altered the amount of National Insurance Contributions that you paid since joining.

Oh right, because you said that suddenly it is true. /s

Given your attitude I won't bother wasting the time explaining it to you, but yes it is true.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1