not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Should walk be offered to senior postie

09 Jun 2019, 21:33

Had someone off sick for 9 months and they have apparently now taking ill health redundancy, they were on a single van duty which I asked to go on before.but Dom has put someone else far less senior to me on it and won’t.move me on it! We’ve had no resign ever and Dom says it’s his choice! Should this walk not be up for more senior postie to do?

09 Jun 2019, 23:05

How long have you been on your current duty for?

10 Jun 2019, 10:45

If the duty is now a vacant duty it can be offered to a reserve for a maximum of 6 months when it should be advertised.
Unless the total number of vacancies exceeds 5%.

10 Jun 2019, 14:38

Why has the DOM chosen the postie that's doing it. It's it more beneficial for the office or is it one of the doms ,good boys, that can suck a gobstopper to nothing in 30seconds flat. Seniority should still stand but as clashcityrocker says, six month then you should get the job anyway so the DOM is just probably being an awkward type. :no no

10 Jun 2019, 17:35

In our DO the DOM would put a sheet of paper with a closing date on the main noticeboard and anyone who wanted to sign for the vacant duty would sign the sheet. The postie who signed with the highest seniority would be put on the vacant walk.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1