not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 16:26

I have a meeting with my manager this Friday regarding how long my van is static as she has looked at my pda actuals data. I admit I do sometimes have longer than 40 minutes break but I never book overtime or not do my lapsing.Can she use this data for disciplinary reasons as she has threatened me with the conduct code.
Last edited by Jeppol on 05 Jun 2019, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 16:29

Jeppol wrote:I have a meeting with my manager this Friday regarding how long my van is static as she has looked at my pda actuals. I admit I do sometimes have longer than 40 minutes break but I never book overtimes or not do my lapsing.Can she use this data for disciplinary reasons as she has threatened me with the conduct code.

why do you have a longer than 40 min break?

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 16:35

Because I'm a very quick & efficient worker and I'm not going back to the office early to be sent back out to cover work that other lazy, multiple fag break Posties haven't done.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 16:42

Jeppol wrote:Because I'm a very quick & efficient worker and I'm not going back to the office early to be sent back out to cover work that other lazy, multiple fag break Posties haven't done.

There’s where the conduct lies. ‘Wilful Delay’, as your sat in the van knowing there’s still mail to be delivered. Your paid from when you start to when you finish, not by the Duty. Slowing down would be wiser, however pda actuals cannot be used for conduct, so get your rep involved.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 16:59

The Postman wrote:
Jeppol wrote:Because I'm a very quick & efficient worker and I'm not going back to the office early to be sent back out to cover work that other lazy, multiple fag break Posties haven't done.

There’s where the conduct lies. ‘Wilful Delay’, as your sat in the van knowing there’s still mail to be delivered. Your paid from when you start to when you finish, not by the Duty. Slowing down would be wiser, however pda actuals cannot be used for conduct, so get your rep involved.

Thanks for the reply, I'll just tell her on Friday that I'll slow right down, book overtime when it's busy & not do lapsing, see how that goes down.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 17:04

The Postman wrote:

Where does it say that they can't be used?

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 17:23

You couldn't make this thread up!!!

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 17:23

General Mannerheim wrote:

I think it comes under the heading of "urban myth" where people repeat something often enough and consequently believe it to be true.
I believe the original agreement specifically stated there were occasions when the conduct code could be used but never said what they were.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 17:28

Phantom wrote:You couldn't make this thread up!!!

Why couldn't you make it up ?

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 18:18

How does she know you didn’t leave the PDA in the van? That in itself is not a conduct issue and like has been said PDA Actuals CAN NOT be used to spy on staff or form any conduct code

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 18:40

number one wrote:How does she know you didn’t leave the PDA in the van? That in itself is not a conduct issue and like has been said PDA Actuals CAN NOT be used to spy on staff or form any conduct code

it could be used to open a line of questioning.
Why is your pda static for over 40 minutes on your delivery ?

the answer to that question could leave you open for conduct.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 18:42

clashcityrocker wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:

I think it comes under the heading of "urban myth" where people repeat something often enough and consequently believe it to be true.
I believe the original agreement specifically stated there were occasions when the conduct code could be used but never said what they were.

RM & CWU NATIONAL AGREEMENT COVERING THE USE OF PDA OUTDOOR ACTUALS

Page 3

Employee Engagement

Both parties want to promote openness and transparency about the fact that this App has been deployed to all PDA devices and that data is being generated, so all employees will receive a standard WTLL briefing on this subject from their manager, stating this is purely a Technical/Software application change and they will see nothing change.

This new technology is not being introduced to track individuals or to be used for individual performance management and therefore it is confirmed that the data generated will not be used for this.

In line with section 17 of the 2018 Guiding Principles Agreement on data usage both parties recognise that new technology will improve Royal Mail’s performance and the service provided to customers. It is agreed that all individuals have a right to privacy at work and it is accepted that there is a mutual obligation of confidence and trust applied to every contract of employment and that all parties should act in a way so as not to break that relationship.

It is recognised that the use of technology may increase levels of individual visibility and it is agreed that this new technology is not being deployed for, or will be used as, a disciplinary tool. As such it will not enhance the ability of managers, or the evidence available, to take disciplinary action.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 18:44

What's the point in being "quick and efficient" only to then have to sit around in your van for over 40 minutes?

Why not just pace yourself and go at a more steady rate?

If anything it sounds like your dom is doing your colleagues a favour and punishing a "runner" who is ultimately ruining the job for everyone.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 18:50

Jeppol wrote:
The Postman wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I'll just tell her on Friday that I'll slow right down, book overtime when it's busy & not do lapsing, see how that goes down.

You can’t tell her you’ll slow down, again this implies you have time for more work but don’t want to do it. You should be booking overtime if you go over anyway & if you have time to lapse then lapse, if not then don’t lapse. They’re really pushing for all hours worked from now on, that’s just the way it’s going.

PDA actuals

05 Jun 2019, 19:05

The Postman wrote:
It is recognised that the use of technology may increase levels of individual visibility and it is agreed that this new technology is not being deployed for, or will be used as, a disciplinary tool. As such it will not enhance the ability of managers, or the evidence available, to take disciplinary action.

as I mentioned above, they cant discipline purely on the PDA basis, but they could certainly question you about it.
I guess in theory you could stick to your guns and say the PDA is incorrect and theyd be left having nowhere else to go, but if when asked you admit to taking longer or addintional breaks then it could be a way around those rules for a manager.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4