not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Election payment v Extended overtime

10 May 2019, 17:14

In the process of delivering election material and told by Management that we will get 0.03p per item. However, if we claim election payment then I can not claim extended overtime. If I claim extended overtime then we can not have the election payment. I questioned this either or payment as for example, on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I claim on average 1 hour extended overtime each day due to the volume of mail, packets and oversize parcels. On Wednesday I delivered 200 election items and got back to the office 1 hour 20 minutes after my time. I was told I could not claim extended overtime as I had election material?

My argument is that there are 2 payments, extended and election. I believe I should be paid the 1 hour extended overtime that I would have claimed and for going further over my time by 20 minutes, I should have election payment too.

My union Rep agreed with me and told me to put a grievance in, however, rather than do this I would be very appreciative of further guidance.

10 May 2019, 18:00

Our lino came round this morning with a chart and asked every individual how much of the overtime done this week was down to election material. How are we supposed to know this? :crazy: I told him none because we only took election shite to places we were already going!

10 May 2019, 18:26

its the same s**t every time we do this crap , I think there should be a set payment nationally to deliver this stuff and not local agreements , we get 3p but they question any overtime claims , which imo is a f***ing joke if you go over everyday anyway .

10 May 2019, 18:54

You get 0.03p per item! That doesn’t sound right. If you books extended everyday then you can still claim extended delivery HOWEVER if you are only booking extended delivery due to the election material then can’t or at least expect it to be questioned.

10 May 2019, 18:56

The thing is, that if you're on a delivery you can comfortably complete 30 mins early , you can get the election payment coz it's not taking you over your time, but like in the OP , If you're always over your hrs to complete, then you can't get paid election. You could be reasonable and take where your going and just knock off the 10-15 mins it takes to prep them. If they don't have that then cut off and get election for where you're going. That'll change their minds.

11 May 2019, 16:09

Please see this post, everything in it still holds the field today...
ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

11 May 2019, 21:57

Big problem in small offices, claim the overtime you get black balled raise a grievance you get black balled, without union support I would suggest work out what overtime you have lost and just claw it back 5 or 10 minutes a day if need be, this way at least your dom thinks your playing ball.

12 May 2019, 00:38

Far as I know if the mail volumes are at or below those predicted by RM and you are being paid for delivering election materials then you cannot claim extended/overtime. If the mail volumes are above those predicted while you are delivering election materials then you can claim extended/overtime.

12 May 2019, 15:20

Celgar wrote:...... If the mail volumes are above those predicted while you are delivering election materials then you can claim extended/overtime.

Management can't predict a snowstorm in the arctic....

It's not perfect but the way I work it is leave all election material until all sequenced and flats are in, then put it in where I'm going.
If no mail for a DP it's left for the next day as long as it's still within the time parameters for delivery.

12 May 2019, 17:35

Celgar wrote:Far as I know if the mail volumes are at or below those predicted by RM and you are being paid for delivering election materials then you cannot claim extended/overtime. If the mail volumes are above those predicted while you are delivering election materials then you can claim extended/overtime.

Yet on Thursday gone while we were lapsing, the mail that actually came through the door was 53% higher than the forecast. There are lies, damn lies and Royal Mail traffic forecasts.

13 May 2019, 00:48

97gaz wrote:
Celgar wrote:Far as I know if the mail volumes are at or below those predicted by RM and you are being paid for delivering election materials then you cannot claim extended/overtime. If the mail volumes are above those predicted while you are delivering election materials then you can claim extended/overtime.

Yet on Thursday gone while we were lapsing, the mail that actually came through the door was 53% higher than the forecast. There are lies, damn lies and Royal Mail traffic forecasts.

Forecast don't mean zilch. Just because office predicts 30,000 and you only get 27,000 doesn't mean anything, could still be going to every door. Or am I missing something. Thought it was based on model week.

14 May 2019, 21:44

We have an issue with this. Had addressed election material and told they needed to be taken out same day. Then DOM told SOME colleagues at around 9am that there was a printing error on ticket attached to election bundle and we now had TWO days to deliver.
Too late for some as they’d already wrapped up their rounds.
Everybody booked OT when they got back and are now being told that we should have had THREE days for delivery and will now be losing 25% of our OT for the day we delivered them all.
Gate meeting tomorrow morning.
Is this just ridiculous?

15 May 2019, 08:46

WOW to all the replies above! This goes to prove that management just wing their own take on policies every day, why is it that simple issues develop in to a major problem throughout the Country? Morale needn't be low but management insist on cocking up the simple tasks to destroy any feel good factor we have, instead they would rather concentrate on giving us counselling and coaching for scanning 10 yards from the door step instead of at the door step

I only hope my union contribution is enough for a union representative to pick this query up and start the talking process with the hierarchy !

15 May 2019, 18:09

landohairspray wrote:We have an issue with this. Had addressed election material and told they needed to be taken out same day. Then DOM told SOME colleagues at around 9am that there was a printing error on ticket attached to election bundle and we now had TWO days to deliver.
Too late for some as they’d already wrapped up their rounds.
Everybody booked OT when they got back and are now being told that we should have had THREE days for delivery and will now be losing 25% of our OT for the day we delivered them all.
Gate meeting tomorrow morning.
Is this just ridiculous?

So the useless sods ballsed up TWICE and are expecting YOU to bear the brunt?
That dog won't hunt Monsignor.
Sounds like unagreed deduction of wages to me and I'd be very interested to see what HMRC have to say about being denied their rightful slice of taxes.

16 May 2019, 13:15

I agree Sir Henry,

I'm sure it falls under unlawful deduction of wages. I am seeing my union rep next week. Last Thursday i booked 1 1/4 hours due to posting ballot postal votes and loads of parcels. I also has a small bundle of 65 Election leaflets. I booked my extended but Management have not paid my £1.93 election payment. Money doesn't come in to this argument, management are saying I went over because of the 65 leaflets and I can't have extended and election!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2