not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 239/19 - European Elections

18 Apr 2019, 13:46

No. 239/2019

17th April 2019

European Elections

Dear Colleagues,

Further to LTB 225/19, please find attached the latest communication from Royal Mail for the forthcoming arrangements for the delivery of European Election material which should be carried out in line with the relevant National agreement which is attached for your reference

Branches will realise of course that this information has been received late from the company as the political landscape is certainly changeable to say the least.

Any enquires should be directed to the Outdoor Department, reference 535.09, email address: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Baulch

CWU Assistant Secretary

LTB 239.19 – European ElectionsEuropean Elections Statement 2019Delivery of Election Material National Agreement LTB 209.14 https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-pjjddtk-ztkjiuyil-h/

View Online https://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-pjjddtk-ztkjiuyil-k/

18 Apr 2019, 15:39

Addressed items: delivery to take place within 3 working days from receipt (including Saturdays). (Exceptcertain elections relating to Europe where it may be extended to 7 days from receipt.)

So are these European Elections covered by that?

18 Apr 2019, 18:24

another load of s**t to post then , more arguments over non payment over excess claims . f**k that :wave

28 Apr 2019, 22:21

There is no doubt whatsoever that we would be far worse off without the union being on our side.

However this winds me up everytime it comes around. Here is a golden opportunity for both the cwu union and the company to find equality, but everytime it is ignored and swept under the carpet.

How is it fair and equal that one office can get paid 3.6p per item more than double for election material than another office?

Minimum 3p, maximum 6.6p.

Boths sides imo should come together and have all offices paid the same. Go down the middle or there abouts and all offices be paid say 4.8p per item. Yes i realise that it could be that more are paid around the 3p mark than the 6.6p, so if that is the case then it can be adjusted accordingly and might end up being 4p, but at least then we are all paid the same for the same work instead of the current status quo that is unfair.

Think of it another way. It's like having one office being paid £10 per hour and another being paid around £22 per hour.

28 Apr 2019, 22:26

No doubt somebody will now post up the duckworth bullshit formula that decided the payments many moons ago

29 Apr 2019, 12:49

RTP wrote:No doubt somebody will now post up the duckworth bullshit formula that decided the payments many moons ago

I do nearly every election. Can't be bothered this time. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

29 Apr 2019, 13:19

RTP wrote:There is no doubt whatsoever that we would be far worse off without the union being on our side.

However this winds me up everytime it comes around. Here is a golden opportunity for both the cwu union and the company to find equality, but everytime it is ignored and swept under the carpet.

How is it fair and equal that one office can get paid 3.6p per item more than double for election material than another office?

Boths sides imo should come together and have all offices paid the same. Go down the middle or there abouts and all offices be paid say 4.8p per item. Yes i realise that it could be that more are paid around the 3p mark than the 6.6p, so if that is the case then it can be adjusted accordingly and might end up being 4p, but at least then we are all paid the same for the same work instead of the current status quo that is unfair.

Think of it another way. It's like having one office being paid £10 per hour and another being paid around £22 per hour.

RM would probably want there to be no extra money for doing them

29 Apr 2019, 13:26

SpacePhoenix wrote:
RTP wrote:There is no doubt whatsoever that we would be far worse off without the union being on our side.

RM would probably want there to be no extra money for doing them

Confirmed they have tried twice to remove it. They withdrew it from the 2010 deal and the AFG deal IIRC, after the Union fought it.

29 Apr 2019, 19:50

Apparently every office negotiated how much they would receive for delivering election materials years ago. Until recently the Xmas bonuses were negotiated on an office rather than national basis as well which resulted in some DOs receiving a lot more than others. I think we are going to receive 6.7p per poll card for the European elections in our DO. These negotiations were reached by local union reps so the results reached were variable.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1