not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

rumour mill regarding future

11 Apr 2019, 06:54

hello people wondering if you lot have heard any rumours about this big announcement by rico in may , we keep hearing that the business is going to a 7 day a week service , mon-fri as usual, then , sat-sun specials-tracked, no letters on weekend , weve heard this loads now obvious this is massive redundancy and job losses , whats your thought s people .??????

11 Apr 2019, 07:44

Don t listen to rumours. That’s my thoughts.

11 Apr 2019, 09:09

It's just guess work at the moment, although it's no secret that Royal Mail would like to cut the wage bill.

11 Apr 2019, 09:51

governor13 wrote:hello people wondering if you lot have heard any rumours about this big announcement by rico in may , we keep hearing that the business is going to a 7 day a week service , mon-fri as usual, then , sat-sun specials-tracked, no letters on weekend , weve heard this loads now obvious this is massive redundancy and job losses , whats your thought s people .??????

That would mean a 4 day week in MCs for most and DOs getting bulked out with normal packets, all flats and letters (mech and non mech) on a Monday. In MCs at night possibly only staff who process Tracked or Specials would be needed, possibly the rest would do Sundays instead. A few extras would be needed to cover Tracked and Specials on Sundays

11 Apr 2019, 11:04

Woukd love a Monday to friday
Then weekend workers would mop up the rest.

11 Apr 2019, 11:05

Announcement prob be hes pulling 4 pilars so we dont get that hour in october

11 Apr 2019, 14:13

Like I've said before = the delivery supplement is going.

11 Apr 2019, 14:23

Yamr1 wrote:Woukd love a Monday to friday
Then weekend workers would mop up the rest.

weekends would be on a rota there wouldnt be 'weekend staff', youd have to work sat/sun most weeks.

11 Apr 2019, 14:45

Navalron wrote:Like I've said before = the delivery supplement is going.

Going where?
Into basic pay like it should do?

11 Apr 2019, 15:27

Can you provide evidence for your assertion?

11 Apr 2019, 15:38

clashcityrocker wrote:

Going where?

As this is part of the wages cant the CWU just vote it down if they attempt it?
Likewise sunday working would be voted down as its not specifically mentioned in our current contracts.

11 Apr 2019, 16:38

leolion855 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

Going where?

As this is part of the wages cant the CWU just vote it down if they attempt it?
Likewise sunday working would be voted down as its not specifically mentioned in our current contracts.

I suspect if they do go to Sunday working ,what will happen is at first it will be offered as overtime ,then gradually people will be recruited to work Sunday as part of their contracted hours ,then eventually as time goes on it will gradually become the norm ,as people leave ,retire etc.

11 Apr 2019, 16:50

In offices where the Customer Service Point is open on Sunday, where there was insufficient appetite to cover it on overtime, new recruits were taken on that stipulated Sunday working in their contract to ensure the office could be covered.

11 Apr 2019, 16:51

According to Euan McMurdo who did a Town Hall event at PRDC its a 5year strategy statement which is normal I think whats not helping is the Brexit chaos.

11 Apr 2019, 19:15

rainbowwarrior72 wrote:According to Euan McMurdo who did a Town Hall event at PRDC its a 5year strategy statement which is normal I think whats not helping is the Brexit chaos.

Chaos?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1