not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

i'm probably getting sacked

25 Mar 2019, 11:45

so on friday i accidentally left the collection key in the lock on the box which also had the van key on the same keyring. a collections manager from another office found the key in the box and dropped it off to my line manager at the office and now i've been suspended with pay pending investigation.

advice?

25 Mar 2019, 14:54

If this is the only blemish on your conduct record then it would be harsh in the extreme to sack you for it.
We are all human. We all make mistakes.
Actually demonstrating that you are sorry goes a long way in your defence with management.

The fact the key was found and the box didn't have to be taped up until the lock was changed is also a plus point.
A thank you to the manager in question wouldn't go amiss.

25 Mar 2019, 15:21

Unlikely, unless you got previous, more likely, get a warning and be told to be more careful in future

25 Mar 2019, 16:15

I’ve saw a bloke rip up mail on the shop floor and not get sacked . I’ve lost a pda and didn5 get sacked. I’ve known the same person lose 2 sp3cials in two months , proper ones no5 that foreign s**t...and not get sacked, if dropped van keys down the drain, lost two box keys and not got sacked,.....in fact you’ve got to work very very hard to get sacked.

Unless they see you as aliability posting wise and are trying to get you out, I’d say you’ll be fine

25 Mar 2019, 16:16

clashcityrocker wrote:If this is the only blemish on your conduct record then it would be harsh in the extreme to sack you for it.
We are all human. We all make mistakes.
Actually demonstrating that you are sorry goes a long way in your defence with management.

The fact the key was found and the box didn't have to be taped up until the lock was changed is also a plus point.
A thank you to the manager in question wouldn't go amiss.

U should come and work at our office, u would not be suspended for that, people have done worse than that at our office and got away with it.

25 Mar 2019, 17:32

I rolled a van on a country lane, just tell the truth you'll be alright, I don't bother with union representation, waste of space, I think the managers appreciate that.

25 Mar 2019, 18:19

WallaceCat wrote:proper ones no5 that foreign s**t...

Easy there, WallaceCat. :no no Some of us are foreigners. :mad

25 Mar 2019, 18:42

U won’t get sacked sounds like
Your
Managers trying to throw there weight about
Mistakes happen I know lads who have smashed 5 vans up in the space of a year these are keys what have been found I’ve done it before and member of
Public handed them in,
Even being suspended u shud contact your
Local area rep that’s just ridiculous get there contact info now when u get back get yourself
Off with work related stress

25 Mar 2019, 19:19

2 year serious, I know people loose a bunch of keys and the boxes had to be povked off while the locks was changed it was also in the local paper and he didnt even get taken off his collection.

25 Mar 2019, 20:08

How did you manage to complete your collection if your van key was also on the key ring?

25 Mar 2019, 20:31

cheers for the advice boys.

wacko74 wrote:How did you manage to complete your collection if your van key was also on the key ring?

it works out that the collection is half way through a loop, by the time i realised i forgot the key it had gone from the box.

25 Mar 2019, 20:42

Firstly who put van keys in a same ring with collection keys,second I know few people loss box keys in our office and one girl loss van keys as well and they all are still working never suspend or sacked. . Good luck
Last edited by koolishy67 on 25 Mar 2019, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

25 Mar 2019, 20:46

koolishy67 wrote:Firstly who put van keys in a same ring with collection keys,second I know few people loss box keys in our office and one girl loss van keys as well and they all are still working never suspend or sacked.

it's always been like that on that duty, i've never given it a second thought.

i'll be sure to defend myself when they call me in but if i'm honest i'm sick of it anyway, got a few interviews lined up so fingers crossed i can get another job.

26 Mar 2019, 14:02

Wouldn't worry to much, a bloke in our office left his van running whilst he was loading bags into a drop box right in the middle of Christmas pressure, van (which was a hire van) and all bags parcels gone never to be seen again. He Kept his job, lot worse that you.

04 Apr 2019, 22:26

Let us know how you get on
Good news we hope
Good luck

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1