not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Contract barely renewed

23 Mar 2019, 21:22

So I received word in the mail today, after a brief verbal word a couple weeks back, that I'll be getting renewed. I'd heard from several other posties I work with, that they usually last for 6 months and then usually just keep carrying over. Unless permanent is offered obviously.

However, my contract is being renewed for just a total of 67 days. Not even a full 3 month.

Is this a warning sign that I won't be around much longer? And what exactly could the union do for me? We've got one rep and he's barely ever in the depot.

Contract barely renewed

25 Mar 2019, 07:06

When I am on a part time contract my contract renew different months evertime some time 2 some time 3 and even sometime even 1 month.

Contract barely renewed

25 Mar 2019, 09:06

My experience is that a group of us were given 8 x 3 monthly contracts then long term i.e. permanent after two years service.
The last group to be taken on were reduced to a monthly rolling contract in their second year before being given a permanent contract last Oct/Nov.

Contract barely renewed

25 Mar 2019, 17:10

So there's still a chance of permanent then in the future?!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1