not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

off sick pressure

21 Mar 2019, 16:28

Hi

Im currently off sick with a line but they want to see me in, told them im not fit enough to come in, weren't happy, might have another line to get! so where do I stand? the reason I don't want to go in is if you go they say you are fit to work as you have walked in the building even though I know im not, but can I refuse again when im not well enough? where do I stand, is their a certain date they must see you by?

off sick pressure

21 Mar 2019, 17:44

If you're too ill to attend a meeting you're too ill f**k what they think. In fact they don't really think, it's all, as you say a ploy to get you back to work ASAP and the bonuses justify the means in their eyes.They will trot out some cant about a meeting needs to happen before the 28th day, it may well but you're under NO OBLIGATION to attend if you're unable to, just so they can tick a box. If you're concerned that undue pressure will be applied at any meeting ask your rep to be in attendance. Being able to walk into a building is not in the same league as walking the streets for hours with a bag on your back or even just one hour so if they come out with that line you know they're just hoping you'll crumble.

Ask what will happen if you return to work before your line runs out and you can't manage or heaven forbid it makes your injury worse? Will you be liable for another stage 3 due to the need for yet another sick line to recover from the exacerbation of your injury due to them hassling you back before you're ready? There are many people who have returned to work before they're fit and have paid the price of being ill health retired due to walking on an injury and damaging it beyond repair Hope you're better soon, but in your own time.

off sick pressure

22 Mar 2019, 15:56

Great advice Sir Henry

Im going get a 1st stage when a go back, how long does it take to get rid of 1st stage warning and how many days are you allowed off which wont occur a 2nd stage warning roughly any idea on these

thanks

off sick pressure

22 Mar 2019, 22:01

If you are absent on 2 occasions or for ten or more days in the next six months you will trigger a stage 2.

off sick pressure

22 Mar 2019, 22:15

ok, how many months you need to work without going off sick to clear a stage 1?

off sick pressure

22 Mar 2019, 22:26

endofdays1982 wrote:ok, how many months you need to work without going off sick to clear a stage 1?

6 months

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1