not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

advice needed

13 Mar 2019, 17:24

Hello guys...just need some advice...unfortunately I have the big C and undergoing treatment/meds/care for it...duty got ring fenced which was fine at the time...now there are new builds on the horizon so where do I stand?(hundreds)
I can just about complete my duty now...and I am physically spent by the end of it each day...runners who do mine race round and can get done earlier than me(both healthy and younger than myself) ...something my line manager likes to remind me now and again...but going back to new builds/ring fenced duties who do I turn to for help?
Haven't much faith in my local reps tho as they tend to favour managers opinions more than mine at times!
Also having trouble coping with sorting/indoor work...especially when I have 4/ 5/6 or 7 lots of door to doors...line manager just doesn't give me any slack to prep them...other posties with equally serious health issues are spared sorting and are allowed to work at a comfortable pace without the stress I work under ...which beggars the question why not me too?(Equality issue)?

advice needed

13 Mar 2019, 18:24

You need to put in writing that you need a further reasonable adjustment as your current one is not suitable, you would be better getting your equality officer from your local branch to assist your request or even the health and safety area rep, Royal Fail has a duty of care towards you and a duty to make reasonable adjustments and constantly adjust them if necessary.

advice needed

13 Mar 2019, 19:08

This sounds like a difficult & challenging situation you are having to face daily & I am sorry to hear of your lack of confidence in your local rep. You can contact your area & regional rep who will be able to give you more detailed advice.
If you don't know who they are or how to contact them then phone CWU helpline.
My personal advice from reading your post is to not focus or compare your treatment by management with other colleagues but focus instead on getting your concerns addressed & actioned by the aforementioned support network.
Get numbers, get informed & get represented.
Your not alone.
If your too tired and confused by the advice given then make that clear to your regional rep.
Regional reps know their stuff. Area reps generally do as well.
Good luck.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1