not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

we need a union to work locally

10 Feb 2019, 11:37

Hey everyone, I am starting this post to find out what is available, and what works for others. Recently I applied to be the union rep for my office, cos we need one. There is nothing. The CWU seem to doing a good job nationally but locally there is nothing. I filled in a form and waited for the deadline to pass but I have never recieved even acknowledgement of receipt of the form. Tried emailing, tried phoning the local branch but never had any responce. Does anyone know anything about what should happen when someone becomes a union rep? I have heard mention of training but can not find any info. That aside I think our office (I am not going to say which one) needs to get together and just talk about what is going on. What is the format that this should take? A union is surely a collective of people working together right? It needs people to meet and discuss things? We can not be united unless we agree about what to stand for and where to stand. What is supposed to happen here, how are we supposed to get together on a local level? Does it work in any office, or is everywhere as devoid of a union as my office is?

10 Feb 2019, 16:20

Ring up area

10 Feb 2019, 17:36

Who did you get the form from? Where did you send it?

10 Feb 2019, 17:41

zipmeister wrote:Who did you get the form from? Where did you send it?

Barclays

10 Feb 2019, 18:19

All postie's too work their hours?

10 Feb 2019, 18:29

Local agreements was actually the down fall

10 Feb 2019, 19:24

arnold cheshire wrote:All postie's too work their hours?

And why not :whistle

10 Feb 2019, 19:25

arnold cheshire wrote:
zipmeister wrote:Who did you get the form from? Where did you send it?

Barclays

:left:

11 Feb 2019, 19:21

Strange post !
There is a procedure,has it been followed ? which is not clear in this case.
The position - vacancy - should be posted on the Union notice board.
If you are interested you would need to be proposed and seconded by other UNION members.
If no one else wishes to stand, inform your area office by phone or post telling them that you are prepared to represent the office. The area rep would welcome any representation from an office that is not currently represented.
They will advise and help with any future training. Other local office reps are usualy happy to help/ advise any new rep - if you ASK !

12 Feb 2019, 18:06

Cool, thanks, a useful responce at last. Yeah I filled that form in was seconded by the health and safty rep and one other. The usual rep is on the sick so I talked to him and he is ok having a break from the stress/hastle. I am just unsure what is supposed to happen next, I had thouht there would be some sort of responce to the form so that I at least knowmit was recieved but there is nothing and I cannot get in touch with the area rep. As far as I know no one esle stood (I would be suprised anyway). I thought I would try here anyway, do other offices have a regual meet up? Having never seen the union work very well I am not sure what good practice is. I guess I will just have to learn for myself what works. Thanks anyway :)

13 Feb 2019, 16:02

Consciouspariah wrote:Cool, thanks, a useful responce at last. Yeah I filled that form in was seconded by the health and safty rep and one other. The usual rep is on the sick so I talked to him and he is ok having a break from the stress/hastle. I am just unsure what is supposed to happen next, I had thouht there would be some sort of responce to the form so that I at least knowmit was recieved but there is nothing and I cannot get in touch with the area rep. As far as I know no one esle stood (I would be suprised anyway). I thought I would try here anyway, do other offices have a regual meet up? Having never seen the union work very well I am not sure what good practice is. I guess I will just have to learn for myself what works. Thanks anyway :)

Oh, and by the way the area Rep needs to notify theDom/Manager that you are the recognised Rep in an official capacity.
Your ex Rep should have a contact phone number to chase up “ someone” at area level, thought he would have already done that when you talked with him!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1