not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Manager messed up my Holidays.

08 Feb 2019, 17:43

Hi All,

Just after a bit of advice... Last year I took advantage of the opportunity to pay for an increase in holiday entitlement, from 4.5 weeks to 6 weeks. I told my manager I wanted this and he duly awarded me my 6 weeks leave (the final week of this will be taken in March 2019)
I recently attempted to book a Lieu day (owed from last august) and, when checking if he could do it, my Manager discovered that he hadn't processed my holiday's properly and, as a result I hadn't been charged for the extra 7.5 days. I immediately said that I have booked time away for the forthcoming time off, so I can't relinquish it, but in my gut I wondered why this should be my problem? I had opted for the holiday increase in good faith. He's not letting me book the lieu day because he's gonna take it in exchange for my "owed time". This just doesn't feel right to me.
Does anyone know how I stand on this?

S

08 Feb 2019, 18:00

You didn't notice that the payments weren't on your payslip? (POAL)

08 Feb 2019, 18:03

No - didn't know how it worked. Assumed it was taken off basic pay. Manager said he wasn't sure it shows up on the payslip.

08 Feb 2019, 19:27

it comes off as a separate payment called POAL on the payslip. I think February is the deadline for applying for it so if you want it for the coming year say to the manager to sort it properly this time.

10 Feb 2019, 16:22

He can't just award you 30 days something isn't right

10 Feb 2019, 19:28

arnold cheshire wrote:He can't just award you 30 days something isn't right

WTF??

11 Feb 2019, 00:09

aiden01 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:He can't just award you 30 days something isn't right

WTF??