not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Shorter Working Week....2019

08 Feb 2019, 19:15

A new development reared its head today which is being implemented nationally by RM if they can get away with it. I will do a separate post on this one tomorrow. I,m all ears .

08 Feb 2019, 19:47

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I can see full time DO staff going back to 39hr or possibly 40hr weeks before long.

Why when most 38hr staff only actually work 32-34hrs in my officer now?

Seems your office is stuck in a time warp. When was your last revision? Your honesty saying everyone finishes over an hr early every day? And you do lapsing as well? Jesus I want a transfer. I do 45 hrs to do my '38hr' duty, and don't hang around, although I do take breaks and come in on time, prep d2d in work time and always use a lwt.

Last revision was about 15 months ago. We can be out the door by about 08:30 and finish at 12:00-12:30 paid till 14:30

RUNNERS = :hmmmm

08 Feb 2019, 20:40

comeracing wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:I can see full time DO staff going back to 39hr or possibly 40hr weeks before long.

Seems your office is stuck in a time warp. When was your last revision? Your honesty saying everyone finishes over an hr early every day? And you do lapsing as well? Jesus I want a transfer. I do 45 hrs to do my '38hr' duty, and don't hang around, although I do take breaks and come in on time, prep d2d in work time and always use a lwt.

Last revision was about 15 months ago. We can be out the door by about 08:30 and finish at 12:00-12:30 paid till 14:30

Not one member of staff runs. We don’t even lapse and it’s not London. It’s what happens when you have a strong union rep. Oh and thats me

08 Feb 2019, 21:20

number one wrote:
comeracing wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:

Not one member of staff runs. We don’t even lapse and it’s not London. It’s what happens when you have a strong union rep. Oh and thats me

So a strong union rep in every office will mean all staff can finnish 4-6 hours early..

08 Feb 2019, 21:38

aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:
comeracing wrote:
number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
number one wrote:

So a strong union rep in every office will mean all staff can finnish 4-6 hours early..

Just doing a quick calculation, if say you've got 100 FTs there, and they're all making 6hrs (I assume this is per week), that's potentially enough hours that can be removed from your DO to axe nearly 16 walks

09 Feb 2019, 18:45

The reduction of the hour in October is not guaranteed and is subject in Deliveries to a National Agreement which will introduce Final Mile Optimisation which has two functions one which replaces A Plus and the other which is the new Geo Route.

The New Geo Route has all the data supplied by ordnance survey which supplies the fire service , ambulance and Police force and covers 96% of all addresses. It is linked to PDA actuals and can be linked to Resouce Scheduler and AHDC as well as pay and the new traffic transformation process.

It is much quicker due to the fact that is has the addresses in and the actual time it takes than it is much quicker than the old geo route. You can click on any street , estate how long it takes as the PDA information is there.

The new Geo Route has been designed to plot a set of walks differently per week or on a seasonal variations which is part of their plan.

Add this to the fact that Royal Mail want to remove some parcels from being delivered on normal deliveries to later and they want later start times again.

Plus Royal Mail are announcing at their capital markets day how they are going to move from a letters company that delivers parcels to a parcels company that delivers letters.

So I would not bank on a further hour just yet , there are significant negotiations to be done before and probably another vote from the members.

10 Feb 2019, 09:05

dingo wrote:The reduction of the hour in October is not guaranteed and is subject in Deliveries to a National Agreement which will introduce Final Mile Optimisation which has two functions one which replaces A Plus and the other which is the new Geo Route.

The New Geo Route has all the data supplied by ordnance survey which supplies the fire service , ambulance and Police force and covers 96% of all addresses. It is linked to PDA actuals and can be linked to Resouce Scheduler and AHDC as well as pay and the new traffic transformation process.

It is much quicker due to the fact that is has the addresses in and the actual time it takes than it is much quicker than the old geo route. You can click on any street , estate how long it takes as the PDA information is there.

The new Geo Route has been designed to plot a set of walks differently per week or on a seasonal variations which is part of their plan.

Add this to the fact that Royal Mail want to remove some parcels from being delivered on normal deliveries to later and they want later start times again.

Plus Royal Mail are announcing at their capital markets day how they are going to move from a letters company that delivers parcels to a parcels company that delivers letters.

So I would not bank on a further hour just yet , there are significant negotiations to be done before and probably another vote from the members.

thanks for that dingo , so if the fmo is based on pda data would this be used in any revision instead of asking joe bloggs how long to do that loop / street etc ? and are the company going to be using PDA actuals and AHDC to pay staff the hours they actual work or am I reading it wrong , so if this is the way the company wants to go then all the runners and free workers need to wake up and do the job right .

10 Feb 2019, 10:27

not a chance it works in our office we are struggling as it is with 3 walks to prep no time to prep d2d break at 8,30 every day and are duties take us right up to are time without using trollies if you get a part time person with u they don't get a break because not enouth time

10 Feb 2019, 19:08

Prescot14 wrote:not a chance it works in our office we are struggling as it is with 3 walks to prep no time to prep d2d break at 8,30 every day and are duties take us right up to are time without using trollies if you get a part time person with u they don't get a break because not enouth time

Don't get it when people say not enough time to have break. Take your break and if it takes you over your time, claim overtime. I'm afraid if they want the job done, they have to pay me. If they don't want to pay, they don't get it done. I come to work to get paid, not for a laugh and to work for free.

10 Feb 2019, 19:12

rambo1 wrote:
Prescot14 wrote:not a chance it works in our office we are struggling as it is with 3 walks to prep no time to prep d2d break at 8,30 every day and are duties take us right up to are time without using trollies if you get a part time person with u they don't get a break because not enouth time

Don't get it when people say not enough time to have break. Take your break and if it takes you over your time, claim overtime. I'm afraid if they want the job done, they have to pay me. If they don't want to pay, they don't get it done. I come to work to get paid, not for a laugh and to work for free.

:thumbup

10 Feb 2019, 19:35

rambo1 wrote:

Last edited by worktotime on 11 Feb 2019, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

10 Feb 2019, 19:53

I hope this new software will be tracking me to the side doors and not to the garden gates !

10 Feb 2019, 22:56

dingo wrote:The reduction of the hour in October is not guaranteed and is subject in Deliveries to a National Agreement which will introduce Final Mile Optimisation which has two functions one which replaces A Plus and the other which is the new Geo Route.

Managers ;Your briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018 states;

"From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes"

"5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:"

So if the hour is not implemented in October 2019 then the agreement to part-timers cannot be honoured, Shame that - Or have I misinterpreted or worded it ambiguously.

12 Feb 2019, 14:39

rogersh wrote:

Managers ;Your briefing pack Group Communications · February/March 2018 states;

"From October 2019, a further one-hour reduction to the working week, subject to a joint evaluation of factors including ongoing efficiency, implementation of changes from trials in the operation and technological changes"

"5. PART-TIME COLLEAGUES
An increase in hourly rate of pay in October 2018 and 2019 to reflect the shorter working week of full-time colleagues. This is in addition to the pay award for all eligible colleagues.
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:"

So if the hour is not implemented in October 2019 then the agreement to part-timers cannot be honoured, Shame that - Or have I misinterpreted or worded it ambiguously.

Of course it can't, part time get pay rise equivalent to full time dropping an hr. This in itself is better for the part timers as they still get the pay rise rate when they are on annual leave or sick, whereas the full timer had no benefit associated with working an hr less in these circumstances, as the are not working. ....may go part time :hmmmm

12 Feb 2019, 14:55

rambo1 wrote:
Of course it can't, part time get pay rise equivalent to full time dropping an hr. This in itself is better for the part timers as they still get the pay rise rate when they are on annual leave or sick, whereas the full timer had no benefit associated with working an hr less in these circumstances, as the are not working. ....may go part time :hmmmm

Yes you full timers have been well and truly shafted yet again. :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4