not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Question for rep regarding to.

05 Feb 2019, 20:09

I’m kinda gonna answer my own question here because I know overtime does not go on seniority. However we have a new manager who has come in and I fully understand he wants to cut hours so I have lost my earlies. Fair enough. What I can’t accept is he now has two bag carriers in on early preps who have been there 6 months yet I’ve been there four years. I’ve done an awful lot for my office, I have time off n I can prep well, I thought I got on with the new manager as well but the more I think about I’m beginning to think something is going on. I’ve spoke to my rep, which hasn’t made any difference, n personally I don’t think there’s much I can do unless the advice given here tells me otherwise. I think it’s extremely unfair I’ve been doing preps for three years yet people who have just come in are now getting them. I have nothing against them or 25 hour contract people I just feel like I’ve been s**t on

05 Feb 2019, 20:53

I’ve been there four years..................I think it's extremely unfair I’ve been doing preps for three years yet people who have just come in are now getting them.

Three years ago you had just came in and were getting them.
Did you think at the time that this was extremely unfair?

05 Feb 2019, 21:13

Yes I did think it was unfair. , but no one else wanted to do them,

05 Feb 2019, 21:26

Overtime should be allocated fairly, that means that your 4 years against their 6 months means nothing. What you need to do is keep records of any overtime you're offered if you want to make a case for unfair treatment.

05 Feb 2019, 23:23

Woody Guthrie wrote:Overtime should be allocated fairly, that means that your 4 years against their 6 months means nothing. What you need to do is keep records of any overtime you're offered if you want to make a case for unfair treatment.

Thank you I shall do this

06 Feb 2019, 16:34

WallaceCat wrote:I’m kinda gonna answer my own question here because I know overtime does not go on seniority. However we have a new manager who has come in and I fully understand he wants to cut hours so I have lost my earlies. Fair enough. What I can’t accept is he now has two bag carriers in on early preps who have been there 6 months yet I’ve been there four years. I’ve done an awful lot for my office, I have time off n I can prep well, I thought I got on with the new manager as well but the more I think about I’m beginning to think something is going on. I’ve spoke to my rep, which hasn’t made any difference, n personally I don’t think there’s much I can do unless the advice given here tells me otherwise. I think it’s extremely unfair I’ve been doing preps for three years yet people who have just come in are now getting them. I have nothing against them or 25 hour contract people I just feel like I’ve been s**t on

10 years ago I used to organise all the overtime for a small section in our office, approx 12 people.
We simply had a list of names and went down in order. Where ever the list ended one week it started with the next person down the following week, fairest way of doing things.
We also had an agreement that if you turned overtime down one time, you were bypassed next time around, this was agreed by all the section when we set it up.
I see many complaints about unfair allocation on here and can't understand how so many offices don't have a rota system.
If your manager claims he's too busy for that then give up a bit of your time and run the rota yourself.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1