not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 18:27

Nickvilla20 wrote:The only thing I can see is bigger deliveries more lasping and more bullying when you can’t complete or not wanting to pay you for when you go over.

And then the next thing you have a broom up your arse!

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 21:21

I believe the following will be within their plan.

They have already stated that they will be migrating from a letters business which delivers parcels to a parcels business which delivers letters. This is a significant move.

There are now 11 LAT customers and tracked 24 and 48 has seen income grow by close on 5 million over the last few months.

However Royal Mail wants more of the LAT on the core and this means that they will want to move start times so that all finish at around 15:30 which is now the last letter for all urban areas. However currently not all offices have a last letter of 15:30 and this will be where Royal Mail will want to move to. By doing this mail centre and RDCs will be able to move their attendance times forward to ensure processing more LAT to core delivery rather than the 20% designed for the afternoon.

Additionally Royal Mail want to offer Customers later acceptance in the inward Mail centre and bypassing the RDC and offering am hub and spoke parcel network.

Additionally I believe they will go back to their proposal of heavy and light days. Currently the USO only relates to approximately 40% of the work which is currently delivered 6 days per week. They have previously said what if on 3 days out of 6 you only deliver the 40% and any tracked and the remaining days you deliver 100%. What will be the impact on staffing and revenue ?

Additionally under the 4 pillars there is meant to be agreements on delivery , processing etc to trigger the further hour off the working week. Some of their ideas such as AHDC , Resouce scheduler , traffic transformation and final mile optimisation are not ready. However it is clear that Royal desired end game is to link these tools to your pay so if you finish early than you only get paid for the hours you actually work rather than the hours your contracting to.

Royal Mail from April will be changing their management structure and there will be 30 Areas and each area will be based on the mail centre inward catchment area. The Area General Manager will be in charge of the mail centre , collections and delivery offices which the mail centre serves and this will be the trigger for some of the above changes as well as tackling quality and productivity.

I believe we will be having more industrial tensions with where Royal Mail now want to take the business.

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 21:35

dingo wrote:I believe the following will be within their plan.

They have already stated that they will be migrating from a letters business which delivers parcels to a parcels business which delivers letters. This is a significant move.

There are now 11 LAT customers and tracked 24 and 48 has seen income grow by close on 5 million over the last few months.

However Royal Mail wants more of the LAT on the core and this means that they will want to move start times so that all finish at around 15:30 which is now the last letter for all urban areas. However currently not all offices have a last letter of 15:30 and this will be where Royal Mail will want to move to. By doing this mail centre and RDCs will be able to move their attendance times forward to ensure processing more LAT to core delivery rather than the 20% designed for the afternoon.

Additionally Royal Mail want to offer Customers later acceptance in the inward Mail centre and bypassing the RDC and offering am hub and spoke parcel network.

Additionally I believe they will go back to their proposal of heavy and light days. Currently the USO only relates to approximately 40% of the work which is currently delivered 6 days per week. They have previously said what if on 3 days out of 6 you only deliver the 40% and any tracked and the remaining days you deliver 100%. What will be the impact on staffing and revenue ?

Additionally under the 4 pillars there is meant to be agreements on delivery , processing etc to trigger the further hour off the working week. Some of their ideas such as AHDC , Resouce scheduler , traffic transformation and final mile optimisation are not ready. However it is clear that Royal desired end game is to link these tools to your pay so if you finish early than you only get paid for the hours you actually work rather than the hours your contracting to.

Royal Mail from April will be changing their management structure and there will be 30 Areas and each area will be based on the mail centre inward catchment area. The Area General Manager will be in charge of the mail centre , collections and delivery offices which the mail centre serves and this will be the trigger for some of the above changes as well as tackling quality and productivity.

I believe we will be having more industrial tensions with where Royal Mail now want to take the business.

will this mean more LAT being done by collections and if so what will it mean for the pipeline everything is just on time these days so any delay will mean a failure as more and more is pushing the pipeline back?

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 22:12

dingo wrote:There are now 11 LAT customers and tracked 24 and 48 has seen income grow by close on 5 million over the last few months.

RM are going to have to get more staff in at MCs if they want this to work. Apart from very light days we fail many days. Some mail fails anyway where it's missing connections at RDCs. The LAT stuff isn't marked as LAT so if we fail Tracked on a given shift, the LAT will fail along with the non-LAT Tracked as we've no way of telling which is LAT and which isn't.

They're going to have to get the latter LAT stuff to MCs earlier. The later stuff fails automatically where it comes in too late to be processed.

I can see RM moving night shift attendance times in MCs back to midnight, and all dispatches back by at least an hour. When you factor in the traffic that the lorries doing the runs to the DO will get caught up in, RM won't have any choice but to make start times 09:00 in DOs and axe the 09:00 specials product

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 22:37

Monty python sketch woman walk in post office "could I send a letter for my sons birthday tomorrow" counter staff "well you should of come yesterday" woman says "can I send it first class" counter staff "that was first class" Woman "what about Special Delivery next day it says on the envelope what about that then" counter staff "well you don't want to do that because the bloody collection drivers stuck up somebody's drive doing the LAT'S" Woman "Whats the LAT'S then is that first class? oh I will have that then" counter staff "NO YOU CANNOT" :wave

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 22:45

k979aaa wrote:Monty python sketch woman walk in post office "could I send a letter for my sons birthday tomorrow" counter staff "well you should of come yesterday" woman says "can I send it first class" counter staff "that was first class" Woman "what about Special Delivery next day it says on the envelope what about that then" counter staff "well you don't want to do that because the bloody collection drivers stuck up somebody's drive doing the LAT'S" Woman "Whats the LAT'S then is that first class? oh I will have that then" counter staff "NO YOU CANNOT" :wave

:Very Happy

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 23:02

dingo wrote:I believe the following will be within their plan.

So basically we could be back to fighting with the company again like we were doing 12 months ago. All most people want to do is do there job work there allotted hours and go home.

We should have walked out when we had the chance.

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 23:17

we still do have the chance.

5 year cost cuts

13 Jan 2019, 02:18

k979aaa wrote:we still do have the chance.

Probably towards April if we did by the time the CWU went through the process (ballot, notifications, etc)

5 year cost cuts

21 Jan 2019, 17:12

No savings to be made in deliveries in my areal the drop in letters the last 6 month (GDPR?) has been offset by increased track and oversized parcels,collections increased,delivery points up,SWW not absorbed ,part time variance of hours unresolved in RMs favour.On top of that the physicality of the job in built up areas increasing IHR needs urgent attention by the CWU but I'm no holding my breath as I know for a fact they are aware of it but holding back.

RM are scraping under the barrel.State postal services renting out their network for pennies in the name of competition while being bound to deliver one letter to the remotest addresses in these islands was never going to add up without either returning all letter traffic to Royal Mail or increasing the price of DSA drastically.

EU Directives or Brexit will also have an influence on any regulatory changes but there's not been a whisper of regulations being altered in ours or the general publics favour as a public service but only seen through the eyes of shareholders and those who provide the fake competition of DSA.

The current use of software with Royal Mail and the agreements that go with them are the main bone of contention for resourcing offices properly so adding another layer is going to be another let's pretend we know what we are doing moment by the CWU unless they sort out the existing software and resourcing issues.

Would be interesting to see how Royal Mail/The Government pitch any changes to the USO while they are making what most of Joe Public would regard as substantial profits since being sold off.The whole parcel sector is operating on small margins and prices need to rise so in the current climate Royal Mail are unlikely to make the savings they crave which may force them to make some desperate moves.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2