not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 17:00

Hi in starting March

Anyone rough idea what these proposed cuts are? is their more vrs this year?

this is place is becoming a blame culture, threatning with your job more and more people are blaming each other with more mistakes happening with the increased workload and pressure no one notice this?

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 17:24

less dims and doms , :wave

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 19:00

and goodbye to their lackies the temp cover managers :nana :nana :nana

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 20:35

More cuts in staffing will (at least in MCs) just result in more frequent and larger failures

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 21:18

SpacePhoenix wrote:More cuts in staffing will (at least in MCs) just result in more frequent and larger failures

Are more agency an casual staff.

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 21:26

aiden01 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:More cuts in staffing will (at least in MCs) just result in more frequent and larger failures

They don't get them in till fairly late. Agency staff will always cost more, when any company uses agency staff they have to pay way more then what one of their own employees would be paid

5 year cost cuts

10 Jan 2019, 23:55

Angard are RM. It is cheaper to employ them rather than RM staff. Most are not AWR qualified so are on minimum wage or just above. No sick pay. Sent home when the work runs out sometimes at 3 or 4 in the morning. The management would love to have everyone at the MCs be angard/casual and that's the way it's going and nothing seems to being done about it as the most staunch UNION reps were mostly given EVR. Funny that.

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 07:38

SpacePhoenix wrote:
aiden01 wrote:

They don't get them in till fairly late. Agency staff will always cost more, when any company uses agency staff they have to pay way more then what one of their own employees would be paid

They are in our mc morning noon and night..

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 10:36

I keep hearing about this five year plan but haven't seen anything in black and white, any info anywhere?

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 15:09

Deadly wrote:I keep hearing about this five year plan but haven't seen anything in black and white, any info anywhere?

not till march .

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 15:45

Deadly wrote:I keep hearing about this five year plan but haven't seen anything in black and white, any info anywhere?

it happens about once a year and it's always the same plan - 5 to 10% cut in hours.

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 16:09

Navalron wrote:Angard are RM. It is cheaper to employ them rather than RM staff. Most are not AWR qualified so are on minimum wage or just above. No sick pay. Sent home when the work runs out sometimes at 3 or 4 in the morning. The management would love to have everyone at the MCs be angard/casual and that's the way it's going and nothing seems to being done about it as the most staunch UNION reps were mostly given EVR. Funny that.

We've got Angard casuals being used for delivery in our DO. They've been at the MC and are now with us, about half a dozen of them. No training or anything, just sent out with a postie and that's it. No dog stick, PDA or the slightest f***ing clue as to what they're supposed to be doing apart from what the postie with them can tell them. I had one with me for a day and was told to just 'give them a bag and point them in the right direction.' I wish I was joking, but I'm not. And I still got questioned at the end of the day when I brought mail back :left:

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 18:37

The 5 year plan will be announced on the capital markets day in March.

This is from their half year report This is their half year plans

Against the backdrop of difficult trading conditions, it is important to highlight the major advantages underpinning our business model. This is a great Company with great brands. We have, by far, the best delivery network in the UK: our ability to deliver most of our letters and parcels together is a major asset. In GLS, we have one of the largest deferred, ground-based networks in Europe. Product and geographical diversification is a key and ever-increasing part of our business model. We have a strong balance sheet and strong cash generation characteristics.
Our results presentation today will be followed by a Christmas update in January and a Capital Markets day in March 2019. As we will just have come to the end of our annual business planning process, the Capital Markets Day will be our first opportunity to share our plans on a number of key topics. They include our assessment of the productivity and efficiency opportunities under the Pensions, Pay and Pipeline Agreement (‘the Agreement’) with the CWU and a UK Network Review. We will also provide an update on our productivity plans.
We will be updating the market next year on our strategy. All the work we will share with you is about a Royal Mail for the future, and our direction for the next five years. There will be many elements of our strategy that we will retain. You will also see a greater emphasis on how we connect customers, companies and countries through our domestic and international businesses. There will be a clearer focus on financial performance and management accountability. We are conducting a review of our overall investment spending for this financial year. That process is underway. We will continue to invest in the UK.

5 year cost cuts

11 Jan 2019, 19:01

Have you heard what some of there plans are yet Dingo?

5 year cost cuts

12 Jan 2019, 09:04

The only thing I can see is bigger deliveries more lasping and more bullying when you can’t complete or not wanting to pay you for when you go over.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2