not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

We want to make Royal Mail a workplace to be proud of

09 Jan 2019, 15:05

https://www.cwu.org/news/we-want-to-mak ... -proud-of/

CWU deputy general secretary postal Terry Pullinger is urging CWU members to “be part of making every unit a workplace to be proud of,” as the union kicks off 2019 with a sustained initiative to improve the working environment inside Royal Mail.

Starting next week, our senior field officials and their respective counterparts from the company’s management will be taking a ‘temperature check’ at selected workplaces in every corner of Britain.

During these joint visits meetings will be held with frontline members of the workforce, asking them key questions about their own work experience, the good and the bad about their own unit and how the working environment or working relationships could be improved.

“And the most important question everyone will be asked is: ‘Would you be proud for your own children or relatives to work here’?” says Terry, adding that this question in particular, and the need to understand the responses to it “really is the core purpose of this initiative.”

From 14th January until February 22nd, CWU divisional representatives and their respective Royal Mail managers plan to call in at 62 units altogether.

The visits cover all geographical areas and all Royal Mail functions, with 48 delivery offices, nine processing units and five logistics workplaces – including two fleet and maintenance facilities.

“I want to assure people that all of their responses to our questions will be recorded anonymously,” Terry explains, adding: “We want an accurate sense of how people feel about their workplaces, but there’s no naming of names – that’s not what this is about.

“Our intention, and what we’re determined to achieve, is to identify what the problems are, what the successes are and most importantly, what we can do to make the environment better in units that need improving and learn from successful units.”

Gathering this form of “emotional intelligence data” is crucial, our DGSP points out, adding that the CWU sees this as the first step in delivering on the joint commitments in the Four Pillars agreement.

“I hope every one of our frontline members will be part of this initiative to make every unit a workplace to be proud of,” he concludes.

09 Jan 2019, 17:32

:roll:
I'm sure all the offices picked are all prime examples of good and bad offices. ;liar

09 Jan 2019, 17:33

hes actually taking the pish now :evil/mad
our workplace is controlled by lying scheming ignorant bullying corrupt bastards of mgmt
they know it we know it and if cwu dont understand whats going on they are on the wrong side
they have been told, reported to endless times about rm mgmt, which they choose to do nothing about
i f***ing hate my workplace and it aint going to change anytime soon

09 Jan 2019, 17:45

cherry picked offices then :thumbup , and if there alright then the rest of us that have issues day in and day out are liars ;liar , surely all offices / members should be asked what the bad and good points are ( if any ) as not all offices or areas are ran the same so don't have the same issues so u cant just pick an office 150 miles away and go off there views , come on cwu give ALL offices / members a chance to speak as we are the COMMUNCATION union aren't we ? I for one wouldn't have any of my family working for this company and going through the s**t everyday .
Last edited by worktotime on 09 Jan 2019, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

09 Jan 2019, 17:49

Let's hope they come to ours then. How can everyone be proud of their work place, when everyone is on a different playing field. People coming in early running round, taking no breaks, coming back before their time and management turn a blind eye. Those that do job correct get hassled. People coming into work late most morning also nothing said. The job as gone and cwu know it. Asked for planners to come into our office, Dom's answer they won't send them as they know they will av to put hours into the office.

09 Jan 2019, 17:51

boogyman wrote:Let's hope they come to ours then. How can everyone be proud of their work place, when everyone is on a different playing field. People coming in early running round, taking no breaks, coming back before their time and management turn a blind eye. Those that do job correct get hassled. People coming into work late most morning also nothing said. The job as gone and cwu know it. Asked for planners to come into our office, Dom's answer they won't send them as they know they will av to put hours into the office.

to right and true :Applause :Applause

09 Jan 2019, 18:07

There is a list of offices in LTB 695/18...

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=89020

09 Jan 2019, 18:57

The problem is they warn the offices that they're coming so it's a bit like the Queen and the smell of fresh paint. Any troublesome members will be kept away from these guys and a hand picked group will be put forward to represent the office. We've been here before and to be honest it's usually a bit of a farce.

I would have thought the union would already have enough evidence of the real management culture but you only hear what you want to hear.

09 Jan 2019, 19:19

Why don't they just send out an anonymous survey to every postal workers and get the TRUE feeling of what's happening. Shurely RM would want to see the results also as a happy contented workforce produces more. If posties were happy do we really think that they would cut off or be awkward with management if they were more approachable and understanding with holidays, sickness, family problems ect. No it's just getting more and more entrenched from both sides and a major flair up is coming and nobody really wants that. Or do RM want it. They have already just about casulised the mail centres. How can it be that angers are offering shifts up to 8 seems in advance. They were only ment to cover sickness that couldn't be covered by docket at the last minute. Now RM staff cannot get docket because of angard. We all know that angard are RM and just a way to pay the minimum wage. Yes some are Awr after 12 seems but most arent. Another blinder by the union.

09 Jan 2019, 19:28

Woody Guthrie wrote:The problem is they warn the offices that they're coming so it's a bit like the Queen and the smell of fresh paint. Any troublesome members will be kept away from these guys and a hand picked group will be put forward to represent the office. We've been here before and to be honest it's usually a bit of a farce.

I would have thought the union would already have enough evidence of the real management culture but you only hear what you want to hear.

:Applause This is what happened a couple of years ago when Bob Gibson and RM's Burgess came ours, they got two guys who had been doing management jobs to suddenly don postie uniform and then was shown to the merry men and hey presto it was deemed our office wasn't failing and there wasn't any bullying.....a complete waste of time.

09 Jan 2019, 21:39

aye thats why we all voted to strike 2 yrs ago terry ya muppet

16 Jan 2019, 16:03

Just wondering how these events will be run. If it is one-to-one then hopefully things will be taken on board, but if it is in an open room and potentially with the DOM and managers present I wonder how much worthwhile will actually be said.

I have seen similar with the manager sitting in the room - this meant that a lot of things probably weren't said that should have been, and a few things that were said were immediately put down or argued or denied by the manager.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1