not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Leave Pick

08 Jan 2019, 21:02

Could somebody preferably a union rep shed some light on the correct way that the leave should be picked. As far as I can remember the leave has gone on a seniority basis and any clashes got given to the most senior member. This year however they seemed to have changed the rule of how it is done to a first come first served basis for out first two weeks and then seniority for weeks 3 4 and 5. Problem being they did not tell anyone that this was the way leave was being dealt with this year and only a select few who had their leave ready months before the leave sheets were issues out to the rest of the staff. I feel this is an unfair practice the way it was rolled out. What is the correct procedure when leave is being issued.

Leave Pick

08 Jan 2019, 21:19

craigwills wrote:Could somebody preferably a union rep shed some light on the correct way that the leave should be picked. As far as I can remember the leave has gone on a seniority basis and any clashes got given to the most senior member. This year however they seemed to have changed the rule of how it is done to a first come first served basis for out first two weeks and then seniority for weeks 3 4 and 5. Problem being they did not tell anyone that this was the way leave was being dealt with this year and only a select few who had their leave ready months before the leave sheets were issues out to the rest of the staff. I feel this is an unfair practice the way it was rolled out. What is the correct procedure when leave is being issued.

Doing leave purely on seniority hasn't been allowed for a good few years

Leave Pick

08 Jan 2019, 22:34

Priority of leave shouldn't be based on seniority, unless seniority is used the first year for creating some form of priority rotation. All staff must be treated equally. There's some info in the way forward agreement, but so long as it conforms to the guidelines, I think it's agreed locally.

This is pretty obvious stuff, why on earth should people always have dibs on holidays, just cause they've been around a bit longer... idiotic system, if that's how it used to be implemented.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1