not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

SWW and its effect on pay

06 Dec 2018, 08:11

Our 1 hr reduction was implemented w/c sun 7th Oct.
The basic hours shown on wage slip was reduced by 1 hr on Thurs 22nd Nov .... 6 weeks later
I was under the impression that the "higher rate of pay " would flow through to allowances, shift allowance, SA and overtime rates etc. This hasn't happened.
Can someone confirm this? And if so, will it be backdated to when the sww was implemented (beginning of Oct ) or when HR caught up and showed it on our wage slip?

06 Dec 2018, 18:09

was told by union rep the ot pay will stay the same

06 Dec 2018, 18:43

LTB-553-18 CWU/RMG Joint Statement – Shorter Working Week

Attachment 1

Quote----Implementation
Whilst benefits will be applicable from the date of implementation of the shorter working week in each unit,
depending on the date of sign off, some people will receive the revised pay arrangements (i.e. increased hourly
rate and subsequent flow through to other elements of pay) with immediate effect whilst others will receive
backdated revised pay changes as PSP catches up.

That to me means Shift allowance O/T rates etc

06 Dec 2018, 20:16

the.postman wrote:Our 1 hr reduction was implemented w/c sun 7th Oct.
The basic hours shown on wage slip was reduced by 1 hr on Thurs 22nd Nov .... 6 weeks later
I was under the impression that the "higher rate of pay " would flow through to allowances, shift allowance, SA and overtime rates etc. This hasn't happened.
Can someone confirm this? And if so, will it be backdated to when the sww was implemented (beginning of Oct ) or when HR caught up and showed it on our wage slip?

Personally don't receive any allowances but ot an sa rates have went up.

07 Dec 2018, 20:01

aiden01 wrote:
the.postman wrote:Our 1 hr reduction was implemented w/c sun 7th Oct.

Personally don't receive any allowances but ot an sa rates have went up.

my apologies just checked payslips only basic pay has gone up :oops:

07 Dec 2018, 20:25

Thanks for the replies.
I'll have to make further enquiries as to what " flows through to other elements of pay " actually means.
Seems a bit piss poor that my overtime and SA rate are now less than basic pay

07 Dec 2018, 20:28

the.postman wrote:Thanks for the replies.
I'll have to make further enquiries as to what " flows through to other elements of pay " actually means.
Seems a bit piss poor that my overtime and SA rate are now less than basic pay

Keep us updated mate sorry for my mistake.

07 Dec 2018, 20:36

Sounds about right.

You'll do the same work in less time for the same money.... Oh and your overtime rate is now less than basic pay.

How times have changed in the last 35 yrs

08 Dec 2018, 14:24

the.postman wrote:Sounds about right.

You'll do the same work in less time for the same money.... Oh and your overtime rate is now less than basic pay.

How times have changed in the last 35 yrs

Ot and sa rates are not going up only shift allowances del supp and processing payment.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1