not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Christmas Bonus

05 Dec 2018, 23:17

Hi guys any help would be appreciated, have been off sick last 2 months after having an operation. Sick note ended on the 30th November, therefore my first day back was Saturday 1st December (although I was long weekend so my actual first day back at work was Tuesday 4th). Now back on light duties so am I entitled to the Christmas Bonus or not? Nothing has been put in writing, manager just said come in and do however many hours you want until you get tired, then go home.

Christmas Bonus

06 Dec 2018, 06:46

Yes you’re entitled to it

Christmas Bonus

06 Dec 2018, 16:26

VansFortress wrote:Hi guys any help would be appreciated, have been off sick last 2 months after having an operation. Sick note ended on the 30th November, therefore my first day back was Saturday 1st December (although I was long weekend so my actual first day back at work was Tuesday 4th). Now back on light duties so am I entitled to the Christmas Bonus or not? Nothing has been put in writing, manager just said come in and do however many hours you want until you get tired, then go home.

If you are getting full pay then you will get the full bonus you are entitled to (contracted hours - pro rata).

Christmas Bonus

06 Dec 2018, 17:01

Our dom didn’t upgrade lot of part timers to 38 hours but has said if they work the hours they will still get the full time bonus. Anyone know if that’s accurate?

Christmas Bonus

06 Dec 2018, 17:31

hero22 wrote:Our dom didn’t upgrade lot of part timers to 38 hours but has said if they work the hours they will still get the full time bonus. Anyone know if that’s accurate?

The RM documentation that refer to this say your contract has to be temporarily upgraded and that OT does not count - no doubt they'll find out
in a couple of weeks. He/she might be relying on the fact that after Xmas when it has become apparent that they haven't got paid the F/T bonus
a lot of posties can't be arsed arguing the toss and it will all be forgotten about.

When he 'said' they'll get the bonus without a contract upgrade was this written down anywhere? Managers say a lot of things, then the next week deny everything.

Christmas Bonus

06 Dec 2018, 20:56

My pay slip today states 38 hours usually 32/2 hours so mines been upgraded hope this helps.

Christmas Bonus

07 Dec 2018, 16:57

hero22 wrote:Our dom didn’t upgrade lot of part timers to 38 hours but has said if they work the hours they will still get the full time bonus. Anyone know if that’s accurate?

Those p/t staff who have not had their contracts changed will not get the full bonus, its not based on how much o/t you do. Get the Dom to put it in writing before its too late.

Christmas Bonus

07 Dec 2018, 17:52

Got union rep involved today and has assured us all contracts will be put up on time for bonus. If it doesn’t happen part time staff will only work there hours rest of Christmas

Christmas Bonus

07 Dec 2018, 20:59

hero22 wrote:Got union rep involved today and has assured us all contracts will be put up on time for bonus. If it doesn’t happen part time staff will only work there hours rest of Christmas

The bonus is paid on Friday 21st of December. By the time they can check and see that they inevitably have not been paid the full bonus, it will be a bit late to only work hours for rest of Xmas given it is only 2 days remaining, the Saturday and Xmas Eve!

Christmas Bonus

08 Dec 2018, 12:44

Fridays payslip will show 38 hours for those put up. If it doesn’t they won’t go over their contract hours.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1