not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE



LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

08 Nov 2018, 14:00

LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

No. 630/2018

7th November 2018

For the Immediate Attention of All:

Postal Branches

Divisional Representatives



Dear Colleagues

CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2018/19

Further to LTB 661/18 further discussions took place with the business on a cross departmental basis on the 5th November 2018 in relation to Christmas & New Year Arrangements 2018/19, at which an agreement was concluded that was subsequently endorsed by the Postal Executive.

A copy of the final agreement is attached for your information.

Branches and representatives will note that the document broadly mirrors previous agreements, although some changes have been incorporated this year to deal with issues such as arrangements for delivery of LAT Traffic and Inward Tracked sortation at MPU’s. The format has also been amended to remove some of the duplication in previous agreements.

In addition and in light of the contractual changes emanating from the Guiding Principles agreement, arrangements have confirmed that variations of contract for the Christmas Pressure period for Part Time or 35 hour Full Time staff can be to 38 hours where the workload supports the increase.

The document also for the first time includes wording, which extends the definition on the “no claw back” principle beyond USO service provision, in recognition of the growing levels of non USO workload.

Colleagues should however also note that an issue still exists in relation to Christmas Planning Document, XPD 8.4 Working Time Limits circulated by the business, which outlines what is an un-agreed reduction in the amount of hours that may be worked from 80 to 70 over the peak period. For clarity, issues relating to the Working Time Directive remains a National Point of Principle and is subject to further discussion. Therefore In the absence of any current resolution to the Working Time Limits the status quo should be applied, with issues being progressed via the IR Framework where necessary.

Please note that in recent years arrangements for Network Drivers have been concluded in a specific agreement and this has remained the case for the 2018/19 arrangements. Branches should note that a separate Letter to Branches will be issued by the relevant department in due course to communicate the arrangements for Network Drivers.

Colleagues will be aware that discussions have been protracted and, as has been the case in recent years, much of the debate has been around the resourcing and remuneration aspects and in particular the application of SA for prescheduled overtime and rest day cover. However, given the difficulties experienced during the negotiations we believe that the most robust wording possible has been achieved in this agreement, which should allow local discussions to progress in line with the IR Framework.

Any enquiries in relation to this LTB should be addressed to:

Processing/Logistics, Davie Robertson, Assistant Secretary, email: dwyatt@cwu.org or shayman@cwu.org quoting reference 706A.09.

Or

Delivery: Mark Baulch, Assistant Secretary, email: outdoorsecretary@cwu.org quoting reference 170.

Yours sincerely

Davie Robertson Mark Baulch

Assistant Secretary Assistant Secretary

18LTB630 – Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018 – 07.11.18 http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-njyhhhd-ztkjiuyil-i/

156 – Final Christmas Arrangements 2018 – 07.11.18 http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-njyhhhd-ztkjiuyil-d/

View Online http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-njyhhhd-ztkjiuyil-h/

LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

08 Nov 2018, 20:44

The LAT hubs will need to send their own vans to collect the LAT items (assuming that it comes in, in time to be processed) as I don't think that we've got either the spare vans or drivers

LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

08 Nov 2018, 22:04

If I’m working nights 23:47-0735 on Xmas week will I have to go in Boxing Day night?

LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

09 Nov 2018, 14:30

Jamie162 wrote:If I’m working nights 23:47-0735 on Xmas week will I have to go in Boxing Day night?


NO....unless you volunteer :dance :dance :dance

LTB 630/18 - Christmas and New Year Arrangements 2018/19

09 Nov 2018, 20:46

Navalron wrote:
Jamie162 wrote:If I’m working nights 23:47-0735 on Xmas week will I have to go in Boxing Day night?


NO....unless you volunteer :dance :dance :dance

Anyone who works nights and isn't on annual leave then as to go in at midnight on that night. Has been like that for a good few years

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 11:29

I had annual leave last week but fell ill this week but hoping to go back on Friday as I understand I need to do 2 weeks for Xmas bonus so would I still get the bonus if I go back this Friday as it will be exactly 2 weeks I would of done on the day we are paid it?

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 13:36

j1mmyc wrote:I had annual leave last week but fell ill this week but hoping to go back on Friday as I understand I need to do 2 weeks for Xmas bonus so would I still get the bonus if I go back this Friday as it will be exactly 2 weeks I would of done on the day we are paid it?



Only when your pay is reduced for any reason, is the Christmas Bonus affected. So if you are being paid you will get it.

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 15:13

I’m 32/5 hour contract had my rotation week off last week now for the next 3 weeks I’m full-time what bonus will I likely receive thanks in advance

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 16:53

Smith1212 wrote:I’m 32/5 hour contract had my rotation week off last week now for the next 3 weeks I’m full-time what bonus will I likely receive thanks in advance



32.5 of 38 of £200

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 17:02

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:I’m 32/5 hour contract had my rotation week off last week now for the next 3 weeks I’m full-time what bonus will I likely receive thanks in advance



32.5 of 38 of £200

I don't think that is right.
Assuming he hasn't had his contracted hours increased it would be 32.5 of 38 of £100 of the xmas bonus.
And possibly 75% of the £100 incentive underpin payment plus 25% of the 32.5/38 of £100 - (if the 4 week criteria applies to that, though some of that will be paid in January)

I don't think the incentive payment is pro rated to contracted hours like the xmas bonus?

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 17:27

Well I’m not non the wiser lol wish I could just get a straight answer at the office but standard it’s never easy,please if someone knows for sure be a great help

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 18:34

4 Christmas Pay Supplement

The Christmas pay supplement of £100 for full time OPG and OSGs (pro-rated for part timers) will be paid on Friday, 22nd December. The eligibility criteria for the Christmas supplement payment will be the same as last year, based on the four December weeks (commencing Monday, 27th November). In the unlikely event of any Industrial Action the abatement criteria will be drawn from the PBS agreement.

The separate payment of £100 (pro rata for PT employees) agreed in the National Joint Statement – New Incentive Arrangements June 2012 will also be paid on Friday, 22nd December.

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 19:11

rehabron wrote:4 Christmas Pay Supplement

The Christmas pay supplement of £100 for full time OPG and OSGs (pro-rated for part timers) will be paid on Friday, 22nd December. The eligibility criteria for the Christmas supplement payment will be the same as last year, based on the four December weeks (commencing Monday, 27th November). In the unlikely event of any Industrial Action the abatement criteria will be drawn from the PBS agreement.

The separate payment of £100 (pro rata for PT employees) agreed in the National Joint Statement – New Incentive Arrangements June 2012 will also be paid on Friday, 22nd December.


I’ve gone full-time from week commencing the 3rd December only because I was off with my rota week on the 27th so I miss out then ? If that’s the case pointless staying full-time or do I get 3 weeks bonus
Also thanks for the help on this forum wouldn’t no anything if wasn’t for all you people :Applause

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 19:14

If you do 2 weeks of the 4 weeks of pressure over Xmas then you get the Xmas bonus

Xmas bonus

04 Dec 2018, 19:40

j1mmyc wrote:If you do 2 weeks of the 4 weeks of pressure over Xmas then you get the Xmas bonus


Unless I am corrected my understanding is that you have to complete the 4 weeks in order to receive the Xmas payments.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3