not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Clarification over stage 2 warnings.

08 Nov 2018, 10:49

Hi, Last december i was issued a stage 2 warning for poor attendence, I then maintained perfect attendence for the 6 months following. unfortunately in the last 2 months ive had to have some more time off to ill health and i think ive had 3 periods of absence accumilating to around 12 days sick (1 of the days i attended work in the morning on overtime but left after about an hour to being unwell) Im just curious as to what stage im on and what will happen now when i return to work? Thanks for any advice.

08 Nov 2018, 11:54

If you don’t go off at all following a stage 2 for 6 months then you’ll be clear and back to 0

09 Nov 2018, 17:15

Munners wrote:Hi, Last december i was issued a stage 2 warning for poor attendence, I then maintained perfect attendence for the 6 months following. unfortunately in the last 2 months ive had to have some more time off to ill health and i think ive had 3 periods of absence accumilating to around 12 days sick (1 of the days i attended work in the morning on overtime but left after about an hour to being unwell) Im just curious as to what stage im on and what will happen now when i return to work? Thanks for any advice.

As you were on a 2nd stage review prompt in December 2017 and have had an absence free of 6 months you will revert to a stage review 1.
Your absences since then have accumulated 3 periods of absence consisting of 12 days.
The day absence of 1 hour will not be countable and classed as a part day absence
Your further 3 absences of 11 days is more than 2 absences or 10 days required by RM standards then a stage2 formal review will be triggered on your return to work which will include absences up to the date of the interview that have not been spent.

10 Nov 2018, 09:38

rehabron wrote:
Munners wrote:Hi, Last december i was issued a stage 2 warning for poor attendence, I then maintained perfect attendence for the 6 months following. unfortunately in the last 2 months ive had to have some more time off to ill health and i think ive had 3 periods of absence accumilating to around 12 days sick (1 of the days i attended work in the morning on overtime but left after about an hour to being unwell) Im just curious as to what stage im on and what will happen now when i return to work? Thanks for any advice.

As you were on a 2nd stage review prompt in December 2017 and have had an absence free of 6 months you will revert to a stage review 1.
Your absences since then have accumulated 3 periods of absence consisting of 12 days.
The day absence of 1 hour will not be countable and classed as a part day absence
Your further 3 absences of 11 days is more than 2 absences or 10 days required by RM standards then a stage2 formal review will be triggered on your return to work which will include absences up to the date of the interview that have not been spent.

He will have been clear after six months.
Employees on second review with 1 absence or more than 4 days but less than 10 will go to a 1.
If you have 0 absence in the 6 months on a 2 then you’ll be clear after 6 months.

12 Nov 2018, 07:01

Correct if you have no absence in the 6 months after the stage 2 was issued, you would go back to 0.

if you have had 3 periods of sick totally 12 days you would not quite have triggered a stage 1.
However any days with overtime worked would not count towards the attendance procedure so if its 1 day attributable to this, its only 11 days with 3 periods.

Remember if you have another absence soon, you will trigger the stage 1.
Once you are back down to a stage 0, it is 4 periods of new absences or 13 days within the last 12 months. Any absences that were connected to a stage warning previously where that was issued would not count as they have already been dealt with.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1