not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Part time to Full time

06 Nov 2018, 16:52

Quick question for anyone ITK. Ive been working in an office here near Hull for about 2 years now. I have a part time contract but am forever working against a full duty and being paid overtime . This has been happening for the last 8 months

I've been told that if I work so long continuously on full time hours, I should be given the opportunity to be made full time properly?

Part time to Full time

06 Nov 2018, 18:25

I believe that the way it would work is your continuing to work full time hours would indicate that those hours are needed in the office. Then if any part timer was made up to full time it would go to the most senior part timer.

Part time to Full time

06 Nov 2018, 20:59

Redrobin wrote:Quick question for anyone ITK. Ive been working in an office here near Hull for about 2 years now. I have a part time contract but am forever working against a full duty and being paid overtime . This has been happening for the last 8 months

I've been told that if I work so long continuously on full time hours, I should be given the opportunity to be made full time properly?

supposed to be reviewed every 6 months get your union rep on it

Part time to Full time

07 Nov 2018, 16:17

8 years nearly here and still on a 30hr contract north west

Part time to Full time

07 Nov 2018, 18:17

Don't fall for it.

Any full time contracts come up I think you'll find seniority will kick in. We just had some full time duties come up and I was amazed that some of the posties on the list were part time...the hours they all do you just assume they're already full time. There was so much seniority on there compared to me I didn't even think about putting my name down.
Last edited by crimson king on 07 Nov 2018, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Part time to Full time

07 Nov 2018, 19:43

6 lads in my office got pissed off with working overtime all the time and so decided to cut off everyday, it caused chaos and so as a result they were made full time, they were in line with seniority and there was nothing management could do about it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1