not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Breaks

04 Nov 2018, 08:50

I am an MGV driver starting at 0430 am my meal break isn't till 10.30 am by which time I'm starving is this legal I know as far as driving is concerned it is but 6 hours before a break come on there must be guidelines.

Breaks

04 Nov 2018, 13:04

petercostello wrote:I am an MGV driver starting at 0430 am my meal break isn't till 10.30 am by which time I'm starving is this legal I know as far as driving is concerned it is but 6 hours before a break come on there must be guidelines.

Work time directive says you are entitled to a break if you work more than six hours, so six hours is legal by my reckoning. Google work time directive for more info

ifBreaks

04 Nov 2018, 16:59

If your driving a 600 then you are breaking the law. I'm sure you need a break after 4.5 hours. If a van then no but that's just had management. Even If your 318 has got a ,TO.. AS INSTRUCTED, on it that's still working no matter If your sitting even in the canteen. Are you sure that's correct mate as I would really be surprised by that even with RM now operating the way they do.

Breaks

04 Nov 2018, 17:50

break got to be taken after 4.5 hours of driving or before 6 hours of work under EU rules so you have got to stick your tacho on break at 10.29 to be legal.

edit* 4.5 hours is the maxiumum time you can drive for without a break and it doesn't have to be constant. E.G 3 hours driving, 30 mins unload, 2 hours driving = illegal

Breaks

05 Nov 2018, 20:11

Not driving constantly as do an hour run twice and then 45 minute run at half nine I know the driving times are legal just a long time to go to break from half 4 till half ten

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1