not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Colleague suspended for cutting off

09 Oct 2018, 17:19

My colleague wanted to finish at his contracted time for a change (he had an appointment he could not change).
He advised DOM he would be cutting off.
He has now been suspended.
I don't understand how this can happen when the cutting off procedure was followed. Doe it mean the procedure/guideline/policy is just a cruel joke?
He's a union member, but so far nothing has been done.

09 Oct 2018, 17:37

Was this today ? Did he phone union headquarters?

09 Oct 2018, 17:39

Last week. He's still suspended.

09 Oct 2018, 17:45

Even if the cutting off procedure has been observed correctly, there are some showers of s**t screws that will try to discourage cutting off by persecuting those that do. Personally I would hope that the union would see that the correct procedure is applied to any complaints/grievances against screws who suspend workers for vexatious trumped up charges.

09 Oct 2018, 17:55

whole office should have walked

09 Oct 2018, 18:04

hans solo wrote:whole office should have walked

True.
Only way to guarantee the union takes notice unfortunately, makes the full release bods s**t themselves a bit of unofficial.

09 Oct 2018, 18:06

Office should be ashamed for not backing him.

09 Oct 2018, 18:39

I totally agree, however this happened in a neighbouring DO and strike action has so far not been mentioned. I told the rep I would happily join a walk out no problem, but unfortunately union support isn't that strong in my DO. Things like this infuriate me. The DOM is doing OPG duties - out delivering mail in his fancy car and silly dress shoes all to save him paying one of us grunts the ot. This is against protocol and yet it happens regularly. Paying a bloke £35k to deliver the mail when at the same time he refuses to pay one of us a tenner for an hour's ot. Absolutely scandalous. If you submitted some of these stories for publication they'd be dismissed as being too farcical and far fetched.
RW: where comedy writes itself.

So. Is suspension for following guidelines normal in RM? I wonder why they have a cutting off / overrunning procedure if it goes against you to invoke it.
Do you think not paying you for overtime counts as theft and could be considered under the Modern Slavery policy?

09 Oct 2018, 19:07

No questions asked her on the street

09 Oct 2018, 19:25

It’s called bullying. And why the f**k are your office members not outside on the gate?! What do you expect when management call your bluff. Let this slide and you’ll be next

09 Oct 2018, 19:26

If someone was suspended for cutting off in my office if no one walked I’d be outside myself and others would follow

09 Oct 2018, 19:46

The oppressive atmosphere in my DO means things only get passed along in whispers.
There is no collective discussions as talking while sorting and prepping is frowned upon.
Union support is limited and I am not even clear how many people know about the suspension.
I hate where I work. The working conditions at RM must one of the best kept secrets. No doubt it's thanks in part to their strict social media policy.

It would be amazing if the BBC could do a documentary with an undercover OPG and expose the place for what it is. That might be hard to make happen though with their ridiculously convoluted recruitment process. Maybe it's like that for a reason - to root out the potential whistleblowers before they get through the door!

09 Oct 2018, 20:23

Suspended on full pay for following procedure and doing nothing wrong :hmmmm Your manager must have been having a bad day ? ? ?

Enjoy the paid break . . . and try not to worry . . . You'll be back at work soon enough ! ! !

09 Oct 2018, 20:59

Decky Boy wrote:Suspended on full pay for following procedure and doing nothing wrong :hmmmm Your manager must have been having a bad day ? ? ?

Enjoy the paid break . . . and try not to worry . . . You'll be back at work soon enough ! ! !

I have also been suspended for this, I followed the agreement and i've been sat at home now for 3 months. believe me when I say it there is no enjoyment about sitting at home waiting for the next letter to arrive

09 Oct 2018, 21:11

Suspended ,three months,for following cutting off proceedure? What reason was given? If you don't mind me asking.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3