not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 12:54

A group of 5 people had a conversation with the DOM about us reserves working every weekend without one off on rotation. Some only having one weekend off in 2-3 years. Whilst we see other reserves getting weekends off all the time. ‘They are in the group who get everything’. Our lino does the weekely rota so all his buddies get the best of days off. One of the 5 reserves said to the DOM ‘ it feels like favouritism ‘ is being shown in the rota. The Lino overheard this & said he would be going to his union about the comment as it made allegations towards him.

Now my question is can him or his union really do anything about it? It was a comment made in passing to the DOM not the Lino. & even if the Lino did go to his union about it, It’s all true anyways & the evidence has been collected to prove it.

Was it just a scare tactic to get the 5 of us to back off?

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 13:46

If "feels" was in the statement, I wouldn't worry about it, as it's not an accusation. All you need to do is request assurance that there is no favouritism.
Since as you say, some have gone 2-3 years without certain days off, he's going to have to explain himself.

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 13:53

Everyone is entitled to Saturdays off. Your manager is a joke and is trying to scare you of

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 14:00

‘Feels’ was definitely said & 5 witnesses to it also. There is some explaining to be done regarding the rota. Both the local & area rep’s say to take out stage two grievance as both the DOM & the Lino won’t explain themselves. If all the people being denied weekends off would take out stage two grievances we would have a strong case I think.

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 14:15

Warriorpostie wrote:‘Feels’ was definitely said & 5 witnesses to it also. There is some explaining to be done regarding the rota. Both the local & area rep’s say to take out stage two grievance as both the DOM & the Lino won’t explain themselves. If all the people being denied weekends off would take out stage two grievances we would have a strong case I think.

What have the reps be doing all this time , assuming you have complained to the rep?

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 15:26

Arguing with management that every memeber of staff should be treated the same. It’s like talking to a brick wall with these clowns of managers both the DOM & Lino have their favourites in the staff who not only get plenty of weekends off but get the most hours of work. The DSM here is a real piece of work too, not mentioning any names here to keep myself covered. But I’m in N.Ireland :wave

Advice needed

07 Oct 2018, 17:08

It seems the vast majority of doms and Lino's couldn't be classed as human beings by comments on this forum. They don't listen to anything you say and basically bully and harass staff on a daily basis. Any graduate managers leave within a few months shocked at the way royal mail treats it's staff and how the company is run. Thank God I no longer work for RM. But feel sorry for most of my postie comrades.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1