not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

"Trial Period" on a Permanent Contract

06 Oct 2018, 16:37

Hi, just wondering if there are any procedures in place with this or whether it falls simply on managerial whims? I’m a bit twitchy because I got stabbed in the back by an entirely unscrupulous employer almost a year ago, and really don’t want the stress of a repeat.

I should say that I haven’t had any indication that I’m on the chopping block but I came in at a time of high absence & under recruitment, and now neither situation is an issue. I can live without as much overtime but not on Jobseeker’s Allowance.

“Trial Period” on a Permanent Contract

06 Oct 2018, 17:47

I have known people who can't even deliver correctly even after getting counselled stay at RM after the trial period, so being honest its extremely unlikely that you won't be confirmed especially if no issues have been raised directly with you.

06 Oct 2018, 20:54

Don’t worry about it, I have never known Royal Mail not keep somebody on after trial.

07 Oct 2018, 12:56

I've known trialists write off vans or lose special deliveries and they still got made permanent. I'm sure you will be fine.

31 Oct 2018, 16:50

Hi what is the procedure with this tho please I joined on 30 hour perm contract now I’ve been moved up to 32/5 hour contract,I’ve been at the firm 4 months now please could someone shed some light thanks in advance

01 Nov 2018, 16:32

Smith1212 wrote:Hi what is the procedure with this tho please I joined on 30 hour perm contract now I’ve been moved up to 32/5 hour contract,I’ve been at the firm 4 months now please could someone shed some light thanks in advance

To be frank I am not sure what you are asking. The trial period will still run, though if they are increasing your contract I'd say its a near certainty they'll keep you on.

22 Nov 2018, 19:42

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Smith1212 wrote:Hi what is the procedure with this tho please I joined on 30 hour perm contract now I’ve been moved up to 32/5 hour contract,I’ve been at the firm 4 months now please could someone shed some light thanks in advance

To be frank I am not sure what you are asking. The trial period will still run, though if they are increasing your contract I'd say its a near certainty they'll keep you on.

Meaning when is my official trial period over and I’m full employed with Royal Mail ?

23 Nov 2018, 07:00

Your contract or letter of acceptance should state the length of the trial, mine was 12 months but that was 14 years ago, it may have dropped to 6 months now. As far as I know, unless they dismiss you at the end, there is no formal notification.

23 Nov 2018, 16:07

Well that helps thanks a lot.well I’ve never been on a warming or anything so I’m guessing I’m safe also had my hours improved,but surely if 6 months probation and you’ve done nothing wrong what grounds can they dismiss you on ?

23 Nov 2018, 23:30

It wouldn't be a dismissal.
All new recruits start on temporary contracts, and if they want rid, contract isn't renewed.
If they've given you a permanent contract, they would have to follow the conduct code to dismiss.
And they'd need a very good reason to do that.

24 Nov 2018, 06:53

UnhappyGremlin wrote:It wouldn't be a dismissal.
All new recruits start on temporary contracts, and if they want rid, contract isn't renewed.
If they've given you a permanent contract, they would have to follow the conduct code to dismiss.
And they'd need a very good reason to do that.

Thanks mate,my contract states 30 hour permanent but I’m guessing with probation but that message answer it can’t just be let go because I’m on a perm deal unless like you said mess up something big time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1